Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to create an IMG/ISO/BIN which only contains the copy protection code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to create an IMG/ISO/BIN which only contains the copy protection code?

Hi,

All the games I have are protected by Safedisc/SecureROM, and once installed, I only access the mounted Virtual CD images from within the game to validate the protection code. I NEVER EVER access these images directly myself for files. However, of course, I have to store the full CD image - each being ~700Mb.

Is there a way to create an img which contains only the protection sectors required for authentication? Maybe with the directory structure to access this?

or

Is there a way to edit/remove files from such a virtual image (BWT/BIN) to reduce its size without affecting the protection?

or

Does anyone have any experience in just truncating imgs - literally deleting the image file after the first 50Mb (100Mb whatever) - so that the protection/directory structure is still intact, but the rest is not (and would probably throw up a big error if it were ever accessed).

Many thanks
    Steve

No, no, and no - copy protections check a lot, defect sectors, sub-channel data, physical structure of original, cd size, and, and, and ... so it wonґt work that way.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X