performance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance issues

I originally posted this as a reply to the Vista thread, but when I hit submit the message didn't show up. Not sure if the thread is locked, or if I'm just taking crazy pills, but I thought I'd throw the same message up here just in case. If it ends up double posting, I'm sorry about that.

I'm running Vista Beta 2 (5384) 64 bit edition. I have an Athlon 3200+, MSI Neo4 K8N with a gigabyte of ram on it and use a WD SATA HD.

I am able to read and follow directions. A quick VistaBoot installation, tweak and DT 4.0.3 installation gave me a DT installation with no hassles.

However, I am confused with one thing and none of the other forum posts I found could quite answer my question. When I load up an image with DT, it works and loads and runs like it should, but with one hitch.

It stutters.

Things like redbook audio, data loading, pretty much anything that accesses the images stutter. I'm not sure is this is a system hardware performance issue, a hard drive issue, but it's very odd to me. Running the same images and applications in XP x86 and XP x64 never gave me these problems. Anyone have any clues?

The forums are moderated for those with less than 20 posts (except for customers). Your posts will not show up until a mod approves it.

Comment

Working...
    X