A very stubborn BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very stubborn BSOD

Hi, I keep getting a Blue Screen O' Death every time i try to load up windows. I followed the advice of the other support & FAQ threads, but nothing seems to be working. I can't get a mini-dump to record, but i'm 99% sure it has something to do with DT, for the following reason. If i disconnect my two dvd drives (DVD writer & a normal DVD drive) from the motherboard, I can start my machine up just fine, and everything works okay (except for a couple games that i have no-cd fixes for, they suddenly wont work at the moment).
    The BSOD that i get gives me the following error "machine_check_exception". I can't load up into safe mode, i have tried the console unistall utility, done the registry fix, and even tried deleting the driver files directly out of windows/system32 (making backups just in case). So far no luck?
    I'm running Windows XP pro (32 bit - sp2), AMD 64 duel core processor.
    Any advice / suggestions?

I seem to be having the same problems as Payn here, I installed the lastest version of DT and was prompted to restart, upon loading into Windows I was greeted with a BSOD which flickers on the screen once so I was unable to read the log then rebooted my computer (which does every time)

I've tried accessing Safe mode, ' Last know good configuration ' aswell as using Windows ERD to which yielded nothing.

I'm running Windows XP Pro (SP2)
    AMD64 3500+
    Asus board
    1Gb of DDR

If anyone can shed some light on the situation I'd appreciated it greatly.

Comment

Working...
    X