PDA

View Full Version : A problem when running game/games

Helgso
26.07.2006, 23:59
Hello all, I was wondering if anybody could help me to get a game running properly. My Dameon tools are set to the letter drive G: and DVD region 1. When I mount the game and run it, it works fine, the menu appears. But, when i say "Play" This error pops up: Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive E:.

Can somebody help me out, or am i just unlucky with the life?

LocutusofBorg
27.07.2006, 00:08
You are in first case unlucky with your decision to write your thread to the "Daemon Tools Bug Report" - forum. This is not
a bug, it is some kind of blacklisting.

Thread moved to proper forum

Ok, now that's cleared, would you please answer my questions?

- whats the name of the game?
- which software did you use to create the image?
- which settings did you use to create the image?
- which OS (Win2k or Win XP SP2 f.e.) do you run?
- DT Version?

Helgso
27.07.2006, 00:41
- The game is: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- I used the program MagicISO
- I used Standard ISO Image file
- I run Windows XP
- ... I dont know what DT versions is...

LocutusofBorg
27.07.2006, 01:07
you can't use MagicIso for that purpose.

Use Alcohol 120% instead to create your image.

I suggest you read through our forums for a good tutorial,
many people before you already experienced the same problem
- and solution is easy and possible. Just search for
"Securom" "Blacklists" etc.

Also I don't get how you can NOT know which version of
DaemonTools you installed:rolleyes: right-click to the tray-symbole,
then chose -> help -> about
then you should know which version you currently run.

Helgso
27.07.2006, 01:31
Ohh yeah, about that... I didn't know what u meant about DT but my version is 4.03 lol
-------------
I tryed Alcohol 120% but it doesent work. this error pops up: Unable to mount image. File not accessable.
-------------
I tryed. But it wont work. Got any other programs?
-------------
I hate when cool things mess up. I searched the forums, founded nothing and alcohol dont work can u give me a guide?

Note by moderator: Combined all 4 posts into one.

Jito463
27.07.2006, 06:27
He meant to use Alcohol to create a NEW image, not to mount the existing image.

Helgso
27.07.2006, 12:07
So, i create a image with this program, but what do i do with the image to let my game work?

Helgso
27.07.2006, 23:22
Is anybody there??

Jito463
28.07.2006, 01:46
Try mounting it in the Alcohol or Daemon Tools virtual drive and see if it works. If not, post back what error message you get with the new image.

Helgso
28.07.2006, 13:33
I can't, because i dont have registered version of Alcohol 120%... And i have already tryed using Daemon's virtual drive. This error popped up: Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive E:.

I tryed using Safedisk4 hider and Securom7 Burner Loader but they both got the same error: Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

Any ideas?

Helgso
28.07.2006, 13:43
I cant use Alcohol to mount a image because i dont have regestered version of it. I already tryed Daemon virtual drive mounting image. It said: Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive E:.

Then i tryed using the safedisk4 hider to hide Daemon but then this popped up: Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

After that, i tryed Securom7 burner loader but then again this popped up: Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

Any ideas?

FordPrefect
28.07.2006, 14:03
Right click DT-Tray Icon -> Virtual CD/DVD-Rom -> Device 0 -> Mount Image.
Everything else about how DT works is explained in the Daemon Tools Help (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php).
Or use the Search function in the forum.

Helgso
28.07.2006, 15:31
Thats what i tryed. It didnt work...

Copytrooper
28.07.2006, 16:03
You need image with DPM data (Alcohol or Blindwrite), ISO won't work, thus the error messages. If you can't use those programs to create an appropriate image, play with your original.

Helgso
28.07.2006, 17:07
Will the Blindwrite software automatically do this DPM data when i say copy and start the burning?

FordPrefect
28.07.2006, 20:41
Don't know.
Here (http://www.portmac.com/modules.php?name=BlindWrite6_Guide) you can find a guide for BW6.

rjcali
28.07.2006, 21:11
just buy alcohol, support the software companies

Helgso
28.07.2006, 22:55
Is the only way to get this work to register Alcohol 120%?

mladonyi
29.07.2006, 08:10
Hallo Leute!!! :)
Ich hab leider das selbe Problem mit dem slben Spiel. Ich hab ein Image mit alkohol 120 % erstellt und es funzt trotzdem net wirklich. Es schreibt immer, dass es die OriginalCD nicht findet.Liegt es vl. an dem Format des Images (Standard Format von Alkohol 120% [weis net welches Kuerzel])
:)

AnalCobra
29.07.2006, 12:01
@mladonyi
Please in English/Bitte auf Englisch schreiben.
The German section is for german posts/threads.

Helgso
29.07.2006, 13:04
But, do i need to register Alcohol 120% to get this working?

Helgso
29.07.2006, 22:31
I regestered. Alcohol, now anybody got manual for me?