Sacred, once more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacred, once more

I used search function etc. and did not get a proper solution to my problem, so here we go

I want to create an imgae of my Sacred CD 2 (not Underworld) to play it as a mounted image.

How to?

Game Database says: use aLCOHOL WITH mighty VOB Prot V5
    I did. I tried. I failed. Still says: insert CD2 please. Daemon Tools (latest version) emulation settings turned on: RMPS.

Re: Sacred

Did you burn a disc or mount an image file? Try changing the DPM speed in Alcohol. You must uninstall old Alcohol versions.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I used the original disk to create an image. I did not burn a CD but just wanted to use the image.

Whats the idea about DPM?

Comment

I suggest burning an RMPS CD if you have troubles getting it to work from the virtual drive. Look in the Alcohol help manual for an explanation of what DPM is.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The problem is here:
          That ProtectCD (at least older versions) doens't really like any entries from older programs in registry (blacklisting).
          I once even got it that far that it doesn't even work from Original-CD because of that...

Btw.: RMPS doesn't work that good as virtual drive for Sacred (at least that were my experiences) BUT virtual drive should work without any troubles...

You probably need to remove some old entries from BlindWrite4/5 (maybe also 6), Alcohol a.s.o.
          I especially always had troubles after installing and then deinstalling BlindWrite5...

I most time made it easy for me and let Anti-Blaxx remove that entries and afterwards removed that program as fast as possbily again (if you remove the backup-files from Anti-Blaxx before, that should do the trick, if the .mds is good)...

Comment

Working...
          X