SPTD driver and Win XP x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD driver and Win XP x64

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with this problem as I'm a little out of ideas. I receive errors in Device Manager after installing the SPTD drivers saying that the hardware cannot be loaded.

This is for the SCSI cd-rom device emulator and I also get an error with my actual cd-rom drive as well.

These errors are removed when I remove the SPTD drivers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, manually installing the drivers before installing Daemon Tools, disabling and/or uninstalling my cd-rom drive drivers, and I always get the error message.

I am unable to mount any images or use my cd-rom drive..

thanks for any help!

Do you use SPTD v1.25?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yeah, grabbed the latest one off this site.

Actually now I can't get my CD-ROM drive working at ALL, even with the SPTD drivers and Daemon Tools uninstalled. Holy crap...

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details."

Edit: Found this in the forums, http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t440...e-missing.html

In my registry I have no UpperFilters drivers loaded, only LowerFilters. That doesn't seem right... also in the Lower Filters I have Iviaspi and PxHlpA64 listed, but I can only find PxHlpA64 in system32\drivers and not Iviaspi. Hmm...
      Last edited by lucky jim; 29.07.2006, 22:11.

Comment

Alright. I deleted the LowerFilters value after saving it, when I restarted my PC it now works. AND DaemonTools works. Hooray!

Comment

Well, I don't know which of those were causing your problem, but if it helps it appears that Iviaspi is part of InterVideo software, and PxHlpA64 *may* be a DVD-RAM driver (though I can't say for certain, it may also be related to DivX).

Comment

Thanks, I do have Intervideo WinDVD... I'll have to check if it still works.

Comment

Working...
            X