Windows output/input problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows output/input problem

It seems that after installation daemon or the new sptd thingy messes up my computer sounds. Sound work all the way fine in games, vids and music. But when it comes to windows own sound output and input, nothing hears. The volume control is missing from my task bar. Also in the sound setting where you can choose your default devices, theres empty field at outputs default device. And if I change it back to the right device, after closing it goes empty again. Recording with windows input doesnt also work. I'm pretty tired to format again after 3 tries so I hope you've got some idea how to fix this back again. Also when trying to use Ventrilo(communication program), Ventrilo errors about something for low khz codecs missing. I already turned sptd driver off from registery and uninstalled daemon with no avail. Might be I need to reinstall something but I don't know what. Also should I remove sptd drivers all the way? How?
    Thanks for the help and I hope you can get this fixed next version.

Windows XP Home (SP1 at the moment, but SP2 doesnt help)
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1!, with XP drivers. (might be WMD)

Your problems seem unrelated to DAEMON Tools and/or SPTD. And if you reformat again don't install DAEMON Tools though I don't believe it's the cause of anything.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Tried to uninstall and re-install the Soundcard drivers yet?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

As per instructions from free-codecs.com's "How to reinstall default codecs in Windows 2000/XP" article

1. Choose Start > Control Panel and click Add hardware, then click Next from Add Hardware Wizard.
        Click "Yes, I have already connected the hardware" then click Next button, again.

2. Choose Add a new hardware device at the bottom of the list and click Next.
        Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)", and click Next.

3. Select "Sound, video and game controllers" from "Common hardware types" list and click Next.
        Select "(Standard system devices)" from "Manufacturer" and click Have Disk... button.

4. Click Browse in the Install From Disk dialog box and open the folder C:\Windows\System32
        Find mmdriver.inf file, select it and click Open then click OK in the Install From Disk dialog box. If you see a warning about logo compatibility, just click "Continue Anyway".

5. Now you should finally see a list of audio codecs.

Amongst the other items, you should find Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec. You need to install them one by one, so select either of these and click Next. This should re-install the codec (take care, you may need your Windows XP CD).

6. Reboot

- All default audio codecs are in the same list with Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec; just go to step 5 and select them.
        - If you want to (re)install video codecs go to step 3, Select "(Standard system devices)" from "Manufacturer" and "Video Codecs" from "Model" then follow the instructions.

The following table lists the codecs included with Windows:

Manufacturer.......................Model
        DSP Group.............................TrueSpeech Software Audio Codec
        Intel.....................................Indeo R3.1 Video Codec
        ...........................................Indeo R3.2 Video Codec
        Microsoft Audio codecs............ADPCM Audio Codec
        ...........................................CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law Audio Codec
        ...........................................GSM 6.10 Audio Codec
        ...........................................IMA ADPCM Audio Codec
        Microsoft Video codecs............RLE Video Codec
        ...........................................Video 1 Video Codec
        SuperMatch...........................Cinepak Video Codec

Your problem with vent will be the lack of the GSM 6.10 Codec. (Vent uses GSM as a default, and speex codec if reconfigured for better quality audio. Macs also require the speex codec, as they do not ship with GSM installed. Regardless of which codec you use for vent in windows, it will complain if the GSM codec is missing.)
        Last edited by AmphetaMarinE; 31.07.2006, 08:38. Reason: Formatting...
        SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

I reinstalled drivers and codecs, but no avail. Thanks anyways.
          Underheaven its pretty obvious that the problem is daemon related, at least caused by it.
          This same thing happened twice, but in the first time I didn't realise it was caused after Daemon installation. If I can't get this fixed without reformat, I might need to find older Daemon.

Comment

Working...
          X