vmware 5.5 or VMWare Server does not work with DT 4.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmware 5.5 or VMWare Server does not work with DT 4.03

I recently purchased a gateway mx7527 Notebook. I decided to try the free version of VMWare Server. To my discovery it did not work for me unless I uninstalled DT 4.03. It did work with version 3.47. I thought maybe vmware server just didnt like my computer so I tried a trial version of VMWare Workstation and it still did not work unless I uninstalled dt 4.03. I even did a fresh install of xp and install dt 4.03 and vmware did not work until I uninstalled DT.

What exactly does not work? VMware 5.5 works pretty ok for me with DT v4.03 installed.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

when I go to load an vm the window goes black and the vm machine does not post it just sits with a black window.

Comment

So VMware ist running, and the actual guest OS won't boot if you click on "Start this virtual machine"?

Comment

No It installs but will not boot any guest os. Does not even show the VMWare logo to press f2 to go into bios.

Comment

And it does work if you remove DT v4.03 alone, or do you need to remove/disable SPTD layer, too?
            I actually can not see why this should be effect VMware at all.
            What is your VMware configuration, i.e. the virtual machine settings? Do you use any external devices here, or virtual devices?

Comment

One user in the Alcohol forum reported they have to disable alcohol's SCSI controller in the device manager to get vmware to work. Sounds strange.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

True, but he also said it worked with Alcohol 120% on his desktop but not 52% on his laptop, which I find rather confusing. I'm waiting to hear back from him on whether both versions of Alcohol are the latest.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                  And it does work if you remove DT v4.03 alone, or do you need to remove/disable SPTD layer, too?
                  I actually can not see why this should be effect VMware at all.
                  What is your VMware configuration, i.e. the virtual machine settings? Do you use any external devices here, or virtual devices?
                  I uninstalled Daemon Tools 4.03 through the add remove programs so whatever that removes made vmware work. I use the default configuration for vmware for any operating system.

Comment

Working...
                  X