DT Version 4.03 BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Version 4.03 BSOD

When I first tried installing DT, it would always crash after the reboot, where a BSOD would come up. There were no errors other then it telling me to check hardware, drivers, ect. After some messing around, I installed SPTD 1.25 using sptdinst_x86 in safe mode which allowed me to install DT 4.03 in safe mode. DT worked fine in safe mode, so I decided to try in normal windows. Once i reached my desktop, it would crash into the same BSOD. Then I disabled SPTD start in my reg, which allowed me to start windows again in normal mode. Is my windows or hardware incompatible with SPTD or something? I'm almost positive its SPTD causing the BSOD to come up, and I've tried all ideas in the forum. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    Win XP Home Edition 2002 SP2
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    2 Sticks of 512mb RAM

Do you have minidump available (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such BSOD? If so send newest file unpacked (i.e. not ZIP'ed nor RAR'ed etc.) to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Do you have minidump available (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such BSOD? If so send newest file unpacked (i.e. not ZIP'ed nor RAR'ed etc.) to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
      I'm having the same.

XP Pro SP2

Mf

Comment

Same goes for you then, just mail with reference to your post in this thread.

Comment

I've removed everything DT, I uninstalled using daemon403-x86.exe, I've removed SPTD and dtscsi from my system32/drivers folder, and it still crashed when I attempt to boot it into normal mode. Again, it works fine it safe mode and I have never had crashing problems until I attempted to install daemon tools. Suggestion? Thanks.

Comment

The crash was caused by ati2mtag.sys.

Comment

Working...
            X