Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-ROM Not Working

Hi,
    I have had daemon running on my two systems for quite a long time...ever since installing it on each, my DVD-ROM on both hasnt been working. The DVD-ROM is the top drive on both systems. A couple days ago I reformatted one pc which had this issue and after the reformat the DVD-ROM drive worked fine. Sadly, on the other computer I have, reformatting has to be the VERY last option...i really cannot do it. I have tried the windows page where you delete some of the optical drive drivers via the registry yet it did not help. The thing about this which is different from the rest is that It is showing BOTH the DVD-ROM drive (which isnt working) and my CD-RW Drive (which is working) in my computer... it also is showing both drivers in the device managar AND bios. The thing that is happening is that i insert a disc into the DVD-ROM drive and it does not autoplay...when i try to access it through My Computer it says " Please insert a disc into D:" , even though a disc is already in.

The system specs are below:
    2.4 GHZ P4
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB Hard Drive
    DVD-ROM Drive ( NOT WORKING )
    CD-RW Drive ( WORKING )

Please could someone help me get this issue resolved...I uninstalled daemon after unmounting everything and disabling all drives and i would like this DVD-ROM fixed ASAP!
Working...
X