Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unavoidable SPTD.sys problem. (I have already tried to look for a working fix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unavoidable SPTD.sys problem. (I have already tried to look for a working fix)

I am in dire need of some advice.

I run a computer with these specs:
    ABIT AG8 Motherboard
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
    160 GB SEAGATE HD
    Sapphire Radeon x700 Pro 256 mb graphics card
    Lite ON (I think) DVD-RW
    Lite ON CD-RW
    1 GB RAM

The SPTD.sys boot problem got to my computer. I can't get my computer to do anything but get to the Windows XP loading screen, where it loads for eternity. And now that my computer is off, I can't boot whether it be in normal mode, safe mode, OR with the Windows Installation CD. I have tried pressing escape to abort the SPTD.sys file from loading on both modes. It seems as though the Windows XP CD also locks up because of the SPTD file, because it stops at "Starting Windows" and refuses to budge.

Can somebody please offer a solution? I have already read all of the search engine hits I got on this problem, and all of them tell me to use one of those three methods. Thank you.

KiKadet

If your drive is formated as FAT32 you can try a Linux Live-CD and rename the files (read-only for NTFS drives, full access for FAT32 drives). Normally you can boot into safe mode and delete or rename it. You also aborted loading it. Maybe an other problem cause that boot failure. But try it with the Linux Live-CD.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Usually it should be no problem to boot with the Windows cd into recovery console, then log on to your Windows installation (requires Administrator password), then change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers directory and rename/remove sptd.sys. Exit/Boot into normal mode then and remove Daemon Tools via Uninstall icon in Daemon Tools program group or uninst.exe in Daemon Tools installation folder.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Same problem

I am having the same problem. In the forum they explain that It is recommended that we install the newest driver (1.25) to fix major issues with D. However I had to restore my computer since I have the exact same problem. I will not start playing in the registry since the previous version worked ok apart some instability from time to time.

Please advise when DT finds the root cause.

Comment

Hi!

I have the same problem too!

If I install D-Tools 3.xx or 4.xx i can use it until reboot. I can boot my system without the sptd.sys.

I think this is not only the problem of D-Tools, becouse I tried with another Virtual Drive program, and I catch the same error...

How can I solve the problem? Now I have no Virtual Drive management software installed...

I have some original StarForce game. Is this problem?

/Sorry my english/

Comment

Originally Posted by Alemar
            I am having the same problem. In the forum they explain that It is recommended that we install the newest driver (1.25) to fix major issues with D. However I had to restore my computer since I have the exact same problem. I will not start playing in the registry since the previous version worked ok apart some instability from time to time.

Please advise when DT finds the root cause.
            Did you perform a windows repair from the install CD?
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X