Warcraft III TFT 1.20e and SecuRom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft III TFT 1.20e and SecuRom

Hey there everyone! I know that there have been many threads about this but even after reading some of them I still don't understand how to do this -.- Well, here's the little problem:

My CD is kind of scratched and I fear that one day I woun't be able to use it anymore. So without further ado, here's the info.:

I have Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne with the latest version( 1.20e, as in the title), and, you've probably guessed by now, I want to make it work without a CD --- on battle.net --- (so is this possible?) so that my CD woun't get scratched even worse.

I downloaded Daemon Tools from this site and installed it and now I(prepare for the n00bishness) want to know what else I need and... maybe some detailed info. or a step by step guide on how to do this. And yes, I have the ORIGINAL game.

Awaiting your reply

Battle.net doesn't care if you are running from CD/DVD or an image. It just checks the serial.

As for the image creation - does this help?

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=12646

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=12282
    Last edited by FordPrefect; 01.08.2006, 17:14.

Comment

I play Warcraft III TFT a few times a week. Hint: use the RoC disc- the protection is more lightweight and reading the DPM is not needed.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to repond. I was away for a bit.

But now that I'm here, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I have some good news! Using the second link, I used Trowbee's first "mini-guide" and it worked! Here's the guide, in case someone is on dial-up and they don't want to open the link :P

1) Make an image of your disk with all relevant settings
        2) Mount in Daemon
        3) Look in the registry (apologies, I cannot remember the key) for Warcraft entries, and change the original cd drive to the daemon drive.
        4) Play away

BY THE WAY: For step no. 3, the path is HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Blizzard Entertainment -> Warcraft III

And thanks for your advice Underheaven, even thought I don't need it anymore it's good to have what we might call "backup" ideas

Comment

2 noob questions

just 2 noob questions...
          do we still need the 120% program after the image is created?
          my only purpose to install the program just to create the image.

Can we get ban from battle.net since we are using 3rd party software?

Comment

Alcohol is only used to create the image. But you can also use it to mount if you want to.

You will not get banned from battle.net, since none of the original game code got changed.

Comment

Working...
            X