Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-ROM not working after Daemon Tools

Hi,
    I have had daemon running on my two systems for quite a long time...ever since installing it on each, my DVD-ROM on both hasnt been working. The DVD-ROM is the top drive on both systems. A couple days ago I reformatted one pc which had this issue and after the reformat the DVD-ROM drive worked fine. Sadly, on the other computer I have, reformatting has to be the VERY last option...i really cannot do it. I have tried the windows page where you delete some of the optical drive drivers via the registry here :http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553
    yet it did not help. The thing about this whichis odd is that It is showing BOTH the DVD-ROM drive (which is NOT working) and my CD-RW Drive (which is working) in my computer... it also is showing both drivers in the device managar AND bios. The thing that is happening is that i insert a disc into the DVD-ROM drive and it does not autoplay...when i try to access it through My Computer it says " Please insert a disc into D:" , even though a disc is already in.

THe DVD-ROM hardware type is a Matshita DVD-ROM SR-8588

The system specs are below:
    2.4 GHZ P4
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB Hard Drive
    DVD-ROM Drive ( NOT WORKING )
    CD-RW Drive ( WORKING )

Please could someone help me get this issue resolved...I uninstalled daemon after unmounting everything and disabling all drives and i would like this DVD-ROM fixed ASAP!

Solution

I had the exact same problem with my drive not reading cds/dvds and the drive icon not even showing, but it saying that it was connected and working. I did some digging and I found this and it worked!

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    4. On the File menu, click Export.
    5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
    6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
    7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

I hope this helps

edit by Admin: Please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

Whew. Glad I found this thread. Thank you so much.

Comment

the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters
        on the right side? I see no filters at all

Comment

Originally Posted by Krono32 View Post
          Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
          My DVD-RAM device was listed in Device Manager but had no drivers installed! This happened after I uninstalled a bunch of programs and codecs. DT was not one of them. My best guess is that it was one of these:
          1clickdvdripper
          CyberLink - PowerDVD
          DivX for Windows (bundle)
          I Uninstalled DT, (just a precaution), and followed Krono's instructions. After the reboot my DVD RAM drive was working normally. I Reinstalled DT and that is working normally too. Nice one matey!!

Comment

Working...
          X