PDA

View Full Version : best .iso maker thingy

Fizzbane
02.08.2006, 01:31
what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane

Underheaven
02.08.2006, 06:45
There is no free image making program that can extract DPM from a disc (this is important for many protections).

Kinlaadare
04.08.2006, 12:56
Nero is able to make iso... but is not free.
UltraIso is a tool I do like when I have to manipulate iso... by the way, it's not free (29.95 US$ if i remember well)
There are maybe free iso making tools under windows... but I dunno them.
By the way, if you're not sticked to windows, there are good tools under linux, like k3b.

Fizzbane
05.08.2006, 00:30
i have nero, can that extract DPM?? and if so how do i use nero to make .iso files, ive only ever used ddump and it broke down on my pc and it doesnt work for dvds i hear, so what is an easy .iso creater program for a reasonable cost??.....thx for the help!

LocutusofBorg
05.08.2006, 13:03
No, Nero can't extract such DPM-infos, sorry

Fizzbane
06.08.2006, 03:23
but if a disc didnt have DMPs, could i use nero to create an .iso file?? and if so how? thx u

AnalCobra
06.08.2006, 12:20
Nero cant read the DPM, but if you dont need the DPM (maybe you got a software cd and no game cd, basically the cd has no protection) then you can use nero.
For protected games you need to use e.g. Alcohol120% in order to get a working image.

Fizzbane
07.08.2006, 04:34
i hear alot about alcohol 120%, is it that good? is it worth $50, and is it easy to use, i dont like programs i actualy gotta read a manual on, i am too lazy and just wanna game. Is there a better program out there for a cheaper price?? any help is much appriciated, thank you.

Kinlaadare
07.08.2006, 10:08
The best way to know that is to get the trial version...

Terramex
07.08.2006, 14:04
@Fizzbane
Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
- download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
- mount in DT's virtual drive

Underheaven
07.08.2006, 16:54
@Fizzbane
Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
- download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
Nice idea.

Fizzbane
07.08.2006, 20:39
woah.....i cant understand a thing on copybase.ch...... and so that way u stated Terramex u only said dvd so does that mean that will only work for dvds, i need to b able to use both cd and dvd .iso or other type of file compatable with Daemon. and how would u merge the .MDF with the .MDS or vise versa? i am goin to try out alcohol as well as this. thank you for the help!

Fizzbane
09.08.2006, 04:52
well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....ya that was bad......so i cancled it, and had to use my other pc and ddump since my ddump died for some random reason.... does any1 know if dvd2xbox rips DMP? and if the program qwix can b use to create .iso of cd/dvd in your pc disc drive instead of xbox disc drive. thx

Jito463
09.08.2006, 05:32
One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file. And not only that, if the file is corrupted, he can't just remake it himself. Plus, nothing lasts forever. Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.

Terramex
09.08.2006, 11:55
@Fizzbane
- Yes, i'm only talking about DVD's.

- Alcohol creates the main image file (MDF) and the media descriptor file (MDS), which (if extracted) also includes the data position information. I didn't consider that my words can be misunderstood by a Alcohol newbie easily ;) : You can't merge the MDF and MDS file; what i was trying to say is that they just have to be in the same folder ;)

well i tryed alcohol on a cd and it was super slow at high speed, it got to 2% after an hour.....Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ? Depending on protection and drive capabilities an image creation can take very long. If it's a Safedisc protected CD you can try THIS (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php?helppage=15#fastdump)
method (which works with every burn app incl. nero, but unfortunately not with every drive)

One problem I can see is that he's entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file.Of course you are right, but many people are entirely reliant on others making a decent mds file cause their drives can't perform a good D.P.M.

Who knows if one day this copybase.ch is no longer there.Then there are (and will be) other databases :wink:

Fizzbane
09.08.2006, 17:16
Which title did you try to create an image of ? Does ddump read the same CD faster ?

i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

*ddump does get some copy protection, safe disc and secrom*

ninja82
18.08.2006, 09:53
i tryed to create an image of battle for middle earth 2 with alcohol 120% into an .iso format, ddump i think is great but i dont know if it takes the protection files, on ddump it worked much faster and the .iso works and runs fine. (i never waited to get that .iso from alcohol, it was slower than dial up)

what does a .cue file do? ya thx

hey every1 im new to the forum and didnt think i would see this question here but iv been trying to tell ever1 for months that .cue files are crap all u need to do is select all*files* and daemon tools will mount the image, but an answer to your question a .cue file is like a prompt file for an image like .bin files you mount them in a virtual drive and they will allow you to use the corresponding app there not very big (a mb at best)
adn you can easily make 1 yourself but like i said you dont need them just go to the directory the desired image is in and select all *files* and mount

davemcp
04.10.2006, 04:14
what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane

I really like blindwrite from VSO software. I have used it for years and is VERY easy to use. Insert the CD/DVD click READ change the type to iso and type in the destination. That's about it. Daemontools will also read the B5T and with the later versions B6T files that blindwrite creates also.

Davemcp

thecracker
18.10.2006, 14:22
@Fizzbane

How do i create a ISO with DVD Encrypter? I downloaded it, selected the Destination Folder and now? I dont find any "Burn" Button or something.

jwc564
19.11.2006, 01:17
you can use nero to create an image then use alcohol to burn it, but you can also use twincreator in a-ray tools with alcohol .mdf and .mds to create a working copy of some games.

NetSoerfer
23.11.2006, 08:09
Alcohol 52% (http://www.alcohol-software.com) can be downloaded for free.

Novecento
23.11.2006, 12:49
How do i create a ISO with DVD Encrypter? I downloaded it, selected the Destination Folder and now? I dont find any "Burn" Button or something.

Mode -> ISO -> Write

philamber
30.11.2006, 00:11
Although discdump has a securom setting, it doesn't work for any version of securom let alone those that require dpm extraction.

It does still work fine for safedisc though.

forkart
25.12.2006, 15:09
I use magiciso as my first iso maker. I does a good job on creating an burning iso file.
http://www.magiciso.com/

Aqualung
25.04.2007, 11:39
Alcohol 52% (http://www.alcohol-software.com) can be downloaded for free.The free version of Alcohol 52% now comes bundled w/spyware. Has anyone managed to get rid of it (i.e. of the spyware)?

phoenix
25.04.2007, 18:25
@Aqualung

Hello, Sorry but your comment is totaly incorrect, there is no spyware bundled with Alcohol 52% free version or any other versions of Alcohol please post proof of your comment or refrain from spreading rumours.

Alcohol 52% comes with a search tool bar exactly the same as you would use if you used google or any other search engine.

I suggest you read this http://www.alcohol-toolbar.com/ before making ill informed comments concerning this software.

Oh and uninstall is very simple

Aqualung
26.04.2007, 00:37
Okay, I apologize, Alcohol 52% FE is indeed what I need, and the toolbar can be uninstalled quite easily. No need for DT as far as I am concerned :)

Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Jito463
26.04.2007, 15:54
Yep, just a simple toolbar for searching the online games database, nothing more. No spyware or adware is included.