Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very slow performance whilst using virtual drives

Hi,

I've been using daemon tools for about a year now, and I love it, it's a really useful program. However, a few days ago, my daemon tools installation ceased to function properly, I couldn't mount images or change the number of drives from 2, so i uninstalled it and installed the 4.0.3 from this site. however now it is incredibly slow when I log on. The problem is that the process 'services.exe' uses all of the free CPU time, I can however make the computer usable by setting explorer.exe to high etc, but I still cannot seem to use virtual drives at all. I have done spyware and virus scans, but the problem only starts after i reboot after installing daemon tools, and stops after i have rebooted after uninstalling it.

I have tried using softdisc v 2.53 with daemon tools 3.47, and i have also tried using 4.0.3, I am running windows XP service pack 2 . I you need anymore info just ask, I would apreciate any comments or advice anyone has.

Thanks in advance,

Calef13

See if disabling the automount and the autostart options help.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yeah that just allows me to log on normally, seemingly it's the actual virtual drives which cause me lag. Right now I can't actually create them, daemon tools comes up with the laoding screen and then just hangs, although if I kill daemon tools when it's trying to create a drive, when I turn it back on it claims there is a vritual drive when there isn't. I would appreciate any more ideas as I'm completely stumped.

Comment

Working...
      X