What protection on flatout 2 (US)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What protection on flatout 2 (US)?

has anybody bought the US version of Flatout 2 which was supposedly released on august 1st? I'm wondering if it is Starforce 4 like the EU version, or securom, hate to support a company like starforce by buying this game
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

it's always StarForce.
    My sysProfile!

Comment

someone who bought the game told me it's Securom not Starforce
      人は地獄を作った

Comment

ive heard both that its securom and starforce, depends on the forum i guess, if someone bought it, please shine your light on this topic, be very appreciated!
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

is this enough?
          人は地獄を作った

Comment

Nice, then i can buy the US version, dont like the StarForce thingy, everbody knows why ^^
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Just wondering why they didn't put securom on the EU version... (I would have waited and bought the american version)
              Carpe diem

Comment

Dunno, but i know that all Publishers used SF4 (Russia, EU) but the American Publisher Vivendi Universal never used SF and so here it is with Securom 7.

Okay i have to call my Gamestore to get this nice game
                Somebody know if its CD or DVD ?
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Re: flatout 2

Originally Posted by Mystique
                  CD or DVD ?

Yep, 5 CD's. I don't understand why they didn't just put it on a DVD. All that the CD's 2-5 have is a single data.cab file on each.....so technically it could have just as easily been on a DVD.
                  I can also confirm this with the same program. Also, it does not ask you to reboot after loading FO2, so there is no SF driver loading.

This is great news.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: flatout 2

Here's a thread where an admin confirms SecuROM:

the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yeah it's really SecuROM!!! very good! so i dont need new DT version that soon. there is no good game out there which is only SF protected...
                      My sysProfile!

Comment

everyone is cool on this forum, i cant believe everyones quick response, thanks much

Comment

Itґs out with a 5 cd version or just a DVD... with securom

Comment

Where do you order US-Versions of games? ( I live in Germany )

Comment

Originally Posted by Krat0s
                              Itґs out with a 5 cd version or just a DVD... with securom
                              US version is only on CD (SR7), EU version is DVD (SF4).
                              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
                              X