Can't install sptd driver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install sptd driver.

I was trying to fallow the instructions in the common problems sections because I couldn't reinstall, uninstall nor run daemon tools. When I tried to install the sptdinst_86.exe, both standalone and with daemon tools v.403 I got the message: "Unable to create service, error code 5"

Help would be very much appreciatet.

Comment

Didn't work

I tried to do it but it didn't work

Comment

Try to delete the following key in registry:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
        reboot, then try again.
        Also check the permissions of your registry, services hive, system must have full access. You can also try to reboot into safe mode, then run setup or SPTD layer stand-alone installer there. May be some super security software interferes here in some way.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

A little more help

I tried to delete it but I get the message: "Unable to delete all specified values" and I don't know how to configure the permissions.

I also try to setup the SPTD driver in safe mode but got the same message as before

Comment

This tool (SPTD Deleter) does the registry and .sys file deletion for you but I doubt doing this will help in your case:

Last edited by Underheaven; 08.08.2006, 20:47.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks

I finally managed to delete the registry entry. Thanks alot for your advices, it has truly saved my life. I am in Norway but for the summer but I live in Iceland and my girlfriend is in turkey and only work untill 15.30. I left my Red Alert in Iceland but now I can play it again.

Comment

Working...
              X