Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the vista release date mini contest (5 posts or more members)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the vista release date mini contest (5 posts or more members)

What: A contest
    Why: To have fun
    The Prize: One DAEMON Tools license per winner.
    Who is eligible in this thread: Forum members with 5 posts or more prior to contest start date (customers and forum members with 4 posts or less see the other threads).
    How many: Maximum of 3 guesses for each calendar day that you think may become the Vista RTM date. You have only one guess and you must choose another date if 3 people have already taken a day.
    When: Now until the end of the day (GMT time) on August 21st 2006.
    Instructions:
    1) Since everybody would want to guess October 25 2006 (this is the announced Vista release date) guesses may only be placed for this date on August 20th 12:01AM GMT to 11:59PM GMT.
    2) If you post says "edited" or if you delete any post then you are disqualified. No exceptions. This means don't make a guess until you want to stick with it.
    3) If you guess in the wrong thread your guess will not count (and you may be disqualified).
    4) Beta testers can only guess in the customer's thread.
    5) The rules can be changed retroactively.
    6) Your reply to this thread (your official guess) may contain a few words but must include one and only one date.
    7) Only one guess per person, home, and IP address. You can't use multiple accounts.
    8) What is the Vista RTM date? The day Windows Vista (not home edition) is released to shipping.
    9) How many winners? 3 licenses rewarded per thread. 3 divisions of eligible forum members, 9 licenses total. If 3 winning guesses are not placed for the correct day, the total number of winners may be less than 9.
    10) Moderated users posts will not appear instantly. If you are the fourth or more person to choose the same date because a moderated post was not approved yet and you didn't see three people choosing the same date you should be given a chance to change your guess. Message Underheaven right away with your replacement guess if you think this happened to you.
    11) What if nobody chooses the correct date in a thread: The winners will be completely random! In this case, even if you guess more than 3 weeks off you could still win.

How do I place my guess?
    Reply to this post!
    Make sure to check the "Who is eligible in this thread" part before guessing

Clarifications:
    Time does not have to be specified.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

I'm guessing, they may still have a few kinks to work out prior to the release date, so I'm guessing that it may be a day late,

and released on the 26th of october 2006 10/26/2006.

btw, do we have to specify a time, or just the date. I sure hope I'm posting in the right thread.

Originally Posted by muffinhead's Guess
    10/26/06
    comment by Underheaven: yes, correct thread. Don't need to specify a time.
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

November 11th, 2006
      we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

1st of January 2007. no really. or even later
        Hominis est errare, insipientis in errore perseverare

Comment

Working...
        X