Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to install Daemon Tools in Altiris' SVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to install Daemon Tools in Altiris' SVS?

I am trying to get Daemon Tools installed in Altiris' SVS (), but Daemon Tools requires a reset. SVS doesn't normally like this, but reading the SVS forums (aka Juice) I found these posts on how to get around the reset:
    Broadcom Inc. is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor, enterprise software and security solutions.

and
    Broadcom Inc. is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor, enterprise software and security solutions.

I tried those, however, and they both say to check the registry for Run or RunOnce, as well as the start menu's startup folder and manually run it after the reboot (as well as manually removing it from the run/runonce/startup), but I searched and couldn't find anything!

One post on the Juice forums suggested just rebooting, and then starting the virtualization layer, I tried that and it didn't work either.

Does anyone know how I could get around this? Either how to bypass the reboot, or what to run after the reboot to manually update the SVS layer with the proper adjustments made by the 2nd half of the install?

Sorry, DAEMON Tools uses a system driver(s) that cannot be loaded at will. They must be fully integrated- not virtualized.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Ah. It was worth a shot. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X