Help with daemon tools uninstall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with daemon tools uninstall.

Recently i installed a game on my computer but when i try to play it, i get a pop-up window that says"A requirwed security module cannot be activated" Then it sends me to SecuROM which in turn says "SecuROM has detected an emulation tool that has modified your pc settings"

I got a little help from someone else who had daemon tools and tried to play the same game.He said that he had to uninstall daemon tools completely but did it wrong the first time,so he had to reinstall daemon tools to unistall it correctly.*shrugging shoulders*He said the game worked fine afterwards.

My question is,how do i uninstall daemon tools completely and how do i know if i did it right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

What securom says about DT is not true. You DON'T need to uninstall DT to make the securom's game run...

Did you tried to run the game from the original? or from an image?

If you have this message when using the original, your registry is kinda screwed, do a lil search and you'll get info on what to do...

One the other side, if this is from an image, how did you make it? Did you use any extra software? Have you got anydvd installed (if yes, uninstall it)?

By the way this post is not in a good section...
    Carpe diem

Comment

plaese help!

Sorry that i put this in the wrong topic thread,but i'm new to forums.

So what your saying is that i do not have to uninstall daemon tools,but instead need to edit/remove daemon tool drivers?

I did not install the drivers so i don't know what they are named or how to find them.

i tried regedit.exe and followed some instructions that i found posted on this forum but i cant find them.

What if i install new drivers,would that replace the exsisting ones?I have a GeForce 6600oc AGP 256MB DDR?

Comment

Does the game work with the original disc? Did you ever use previous versions of DAEMON Tools? Did you ever use Alcohol 120%?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

You don't need to even touch DT, or DT's drivers.

Just answering the questions
          Carpe diem

Comment

reply....

I just bought this game brand new and installed it(original disk) right out of the box.Every thing installs smooth but when i select play,i get SecuROM saying SecuROM has detected emulation tools that has modified your pc settings.I'm think it has something to do with daemon tools 'cause it's the only emulation programs that are on my pc.

Nothing against daemon tools but i don't even use it and don't know why it was even installed on my pc.

I would just like to wipe it and every thing associated with it from my computer.I tried by following the steps that VeNoM386 has posted on here and rebooting but it still shows up.

I only had the earlier version(3.41 i think it was) installed.

Comment

Your problem may be caused by some registry break. You should download latest curerom version (2.0.3.3 atm) and use the "Curerom RegKey Removal" tool... Then it shall run.
              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
              X