Win XP x64 reboots after login. - SPTD 1.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP x64 reboots after login. - SPTD 1.25

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Daemon Tools.

The following happens:
    1. Double-Click Daemon Tools Installer.
    2. Install SPTD 1.25.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Login to Windows.
    5. Windows begins it's normal startup process.
    6. Windows locks up and immediately reboots with no blue screen.

Now, to make it wonderfully easy to troubleshoot, there is no minidump.

There is no error message.

I've looked in the event viewer for any critical messages, nothing really stands out.

I can start windows in safe mode, remove the sptd via the installer then everything is normal. Windows boots fine after reboot.

I've combed through the registry ans deleted everything with sptd in its name. I've held a séance. I've deleted sptd.sys and reinstalled. I've held an exorcism. I'm at my wits end. Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks.

Have you ever installed any Starforce games? Some older SF drivers can cause reboots. Also RAID drivers can be a factor in this kind of reboot too.

p.s. you can obtain a driver list with serviwin and then post it to the forum (and then maybe someone will notice some conflict but people don't post their driver list's often) .

Last edited by Underheaven; 15.08.2006, 13:19.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

You could also try disabling auto-reboot and try again. If it's not creating a minidump, maybe it will at least allow you to read the BSOD before rebooting.

Comment

Here's my driver list, I couldn't attach it to the post.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29682587/drivers.txt.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
          Have you ever installed any Starforce games? Some older SF drivers can cause reboots. Also RAID drivers can be a factor in this kind of reboot too.
          I don't think i have any starforce games installed. I ran the updater / remover located here: http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t33...tallation.html

It didn't find any drivers to update or remove.

Also I do have a RAID 5 array using the nVidia nForce 4 drivers, but they are the latest versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
            You could also try disabling auto-reboot and try again. If it's not creating a minidump, maybe it will at least allow you to read the BSOD before rebooting.
            good call.

I disabled the auto re-start and was able to get the stop codes.

The Halt was for DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop Codes:

0x000000D1 ( 0x0000000000000081, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFADFB5CD0118)

Additionally, I found out why it wasn't making the mini-dump. I have my page file turned off. I enabled it with the minimum required space and a dump was created.

Comment

Originally Posted by khelben78
              Also I do have a RAID 5 array using the nVidia nForce 4 drivers, but they are the latest versions.
              It is unfortunate news, but I'd pinpoint the problem to having RAID enabled.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Well, I hope that's not the case.

I sent my mini-dump in, hopefully that will turn something up.

Comment

Solved!

HAHAHAHAHA! Yesss!

New Common Problems Post:

I have a FX 60 and had the optimizer installed.

Comment

I was just about to ask if you had a DC proc with the optimizer based on the error message you provided. That one plagued me to no end for about a week before I narrowed it down. Glad to hear you solved your problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X