Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools + U3 USB Drive

Hello!

I recently purchased a U3 USB Drive. As you may already know, U3 drives are usb sticks with an extra Partition on which a launcher program is installed. It allows to install programs (e.g. FireFox, Thunderbird...) with your settings and using them on any WinXP or higher machine without leaving a trace after you're done using them.
    So the U3 drive creates 2 drives on your machine, the usb drive itsself, so it can still work like a normal thumbdrive and it creates a cd-drive on which the launcher application is installed.
    With Daemon Tools installed however, this cd-drive won't work (message: cd may be broken), so the launcher application won't load and makes the U3 drive pretty useless.
    I had Daemon Tools 4.03 installed and had to deinstall it to get my U3 drive running.

So I guess my question is, if there is a workaround or a bugfix or whatever to still be able to have Daemon Tools on the machine and be able to use my U3 apps?

Thanks!

Have you verified if you're using the latest version of SPTD? v1.25 is the latest download, and you can get it from the downloads section of this site.

Comment

Hello Jito463!

Yes, I was using the latest version.

Comment

i use a U3 USB drive with DT4.03 installed.

Comment

So if one is working should they all be working? Or are there differences in the launcher software?
          I'm using the SanDisk Cruzer Micro.

Comment

Working...
          X