SPTD problem - Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD problem - Installation

I've been trying to get Daemon Tools 4.03 installed for about two weeks. After the SPTD driver is installed my pc BSOD's after the first reboot. None of the "possible" fixes/workarounds that I have found here and in other forums have worked.

System specs:

OS: WinXP Home Edition 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build #2600)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+, 2.40 GHz
    Video: ViewSonic E70f-5/E70fb-5 on nVidia GeForce 7900 GT
    Sound: SB Live! 24-bit External
    Memory: 1024MB
    Connection: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport @ 100.0 Mbps
    Mainboard: Asus A8N-SLI Premium
    HighPoint RocketRaid 100 - PCI expansion card.

The onboard Silicon Image 3114R Raid controller was once enabled, but is now disabled in the bios.

Does anyone have a similar setup that has gotten DT 4.03 to work?

To the moderator:

I have emailed support with my minidump and have referenced this thread.

Thank You.

-JaGo

The dump you sent showed known issue with css-dvp.sys, which patches the kernel badly. Next SPTD layer version will contain workaround for this issue.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      The dump you sent showed known issue with css-dvp.sys, which patches the kernel badly. Next SPTD layer version will contain workaround for this issue.

Thank You.

Removing the conflicting software resolved the BSOD issue with SPTD.sys and allowed Daemon Tools to install successfully.

For those that are interested, the software in question was a Virus Scanner called Command Antivirus (or CSAV for Windows) sold by Authentium.com. As stated above, SPTD.sys was conflicting with css-dvp.sys which is installed by CSAV.

Hopefully this may help someone else in a similar situation.

Regards,

-JaGo

Comment

Working...
      X