Intialization Error (kernel debugger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intialization Error (kernel debugger)

Yea, this problem seems pretty common but I can't find a solution. I ran the repair off my XP boot disk and now I get the kernel debugger error.

I had DT before the repair. I still have the program on my comp but when I try to uninstall it says: Setup is unable to validate installation.

Then if I try to reinstall from the website but i get two messages. One that reads: This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG ect.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine.

I hit OK, and I get another message: Failed to open config key.

This fixed it:

Steps 2-3.

Thanks

Comment

I had this exact problem after formatting my hard drive. I had installed Daemon tools before finishing all of my windows updates.

When I booted up I got the Kernel debugger error message and could also not uninstall Daemon,so came here to look at the forums.

After reading all the posts it looked like a lot of hard work so I just tried downloading and installing Daemon again over what was already on my hard drive and it works fine now.

Worked for me hope it works for you
      Last edited by Voroma; 27.08.2006, 18:37.

Comment

Working...
      X