Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, Need help making legit backup of Dreamfall The Longest Journey(US edition) Scr7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Need help making legit backup of Dreamfall The Longest Journey(US edition) Scr7

Hi, I am trying tirelessly to get a legit backup of Dreamfall The Longest Journey to run. I used Alchol 120% v.1.9.5(Build 3105) to make a disk image of all 6(yes 6!) CDs and installed from the images with no problem, then went to mount the image in Alcohol 120%, but the copy protection(SecuROM 7) detects the emulator and thus does not run. I have tried the following:
    • Use Daemon Tools (latest version) instead
    • use regedit to mask the Scsi ports/drives by disableing permissions and by renaming the keys
    • use CureRom

What I want to know, is what is the proper settings to use when creating the images with Alcohol 120%(I used the default profile for "securom *new*"), and what software tools/settings do I need to run the images afterwords? Thanks for the help, and note that all my other image backups work flawlessly with just Alcohol 120%.

edit by Admin: Please don't post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Sorry about that, just realized what that ment, never been on a forum where it is reviewed before, thanks!
    Last edited by Pirate; 28.08.2006, 04:42.

Well install latest Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.4327. Use antisecurom 1.2 to avoid this message (emulator detected).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Or CureROM. I have the DVD version of this game, and it plays fine with the latest version of CureROM.

Comment

thanks for the replys, but I already found out how to do it, I had to redo the image file with the profile Securom 4/5 new and then use CureRom to set it up with Daemon Tools. Works like a charm, no registry settings or disabling of CD drives was needed! Also, note that the DVD version is europian and uses StarForce(if I remember correctly, shoot me if I am wrong), I have the 6 CD version with SecuROM 7. Thanks for the help!

Comment

You're right, my bad. It's the 6-CD version I had. What I was thinking of was I had compiled all the files together into a DVD ISO image for installation purposes and just left the Play CD MDS/MDF image for playing. It's been a while since I loaded the game up. TLJ is an awesome series, but not much replay value.

Comment

Working...
          X