Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.0.3 and problem with drive letters

Hi,

Just installed clean XP Home Sp2 on my new HP nx6325 with only required drivers and after that DT 4.0.3. After install, when I started DT new DT drive letter was assigned to E: So I changed it to V: through XP disk manager interface. After reboot this letter reverted back to E: I tried to change drive letter through DT interface and after restart drive letter is E: again!!! What is going on? Is it some kind of DT bug? I have only clean XP home sp2 system with required HP drivers. When I change drive letter of integrated DVD-RW device, all changes works and after reboot. Help.

One more addition - I noticed that this starts to happen when I install Bluetooth software. In other words - clean HP home Sp2 without any additional HP software - all works as it must. But right after Bluetooth software install - virtual cdrom's drive reverts back to E: letter Guys, please help. Tried DT 3.xx and DT 4.0.3 - the same result

Comment

The drive letter assignment is done by Windows, seems the Bluetooth software screws something up.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hmm

Tried to post earlier, but perhaps did something wrong, but here goes again, (with an update)

I have the same problem, the drive letter changes to F: no matter what I try to do with it. Disk management doesn't help. Tried to look for enviroment variables and registry entries that could help me, but haven't been able to fix it.

Tried to update Daemon to it's latest version and that didn't help either.

I think the drive letters change since I don't load Daemon tools at startup and Windows decides what to do with the drive letter after that...

So I would be grateful if somebody has a workaround for this. Would like to have the virtual drive enabled (disabling it will stop drive letters from shuffling) and only load Daemon tools when needed...

edit by admin: earlier post was deleted by admin

Comment

Working...
        X