Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-40% CPU Usage 64-bit XP DT 4.0.3

Hi,

Im installing the latest version of Daemon-tools and have not been able to find a solution to this problem. The problem is after I install Daemon-tools, my CPU usage is at a constant 30% to 40% when idling. When I disable the SCSI/RAID Driver in Device Manager the CPU Usage drops back to 0% when idling so its linked to that somehow. The same exact thing happens when I install Alcohol 120%. I have searched all over for a solution but can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

I haven't heard of this problem yet. Please don't change anything on your system for now, I'll point the devs to this thread so they can tell you what to do.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

You say CPU usage is at 30-40%, but does Task Manager show what process is taking up that much CPU cycles?

Comment

I had a similar problem. The CPU usage is always at 30-40% when I don't use my computer at all; it started as soon as the Daemon Tools (I used version 4.0.6) was loaded after its installation. I uninstalled it and the CPU usage is back to where it should be at idle: close to 0%.

Task Manager does not show that there is any process that uses that amount of CPU at all. I'm using Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 (x86) and on a fresh new installation.

Comment

Iґm using Windows Vista 5828 x64 and have NOT this Problem. D-Tools works fine

Comment

Working...
          X