No announcement yet.

Neverending reboots without installing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverending reboots without installing.

Using Win XP 64, i cant seem to be able to install Daemon tools
    v 4.03 x64. When i double click, install launches, i accept conditions, and then, after the SPTD setup 1.24 window, ths intaller tells me it has to reboot...so i click restart. Once it is back into windows, install auto-lauches again, and same things happen....and cant go passed the " SPTD setup " step.

Any idea on how i could fix this?

Redownload v4.0.3 which has SPTD 1.25 in it. Try installing then. If you still have problems, boot to Safe Mode and start the install from there.

Comment

re

thanks, problem solved!

Comment

same problem

i am having the same issue with the 4.3 version. endless reboot after the SPTD 1.6 install

Comment

specs

oh and im running Windows 7 ultimate

Comment

Use the latest DAEMON Tools version (4.30.4 for Lite, 4.35.0306 for Pro) with SPTD 1.60.

Comment

Same thing with me!
              I've tried DT Lite 4.30.4 with SPDT 1.58 and nothing. I've also tried the latest DT Pro - nothing. I've tried to install SPDT 1.60 before DT but after restart SPDT like not installed - when I start it again I can only see Install, while uninstall is shadowed. I've also tried to install DT in a safe mode but nothing changed, I still can't.

What is more funny exactly the same thing is happening with the Alcohol, I tried to install after all this things.

Any advice?

Comment

I'm having similar problems. I have Windows 7 and whenever I try to install Daemon Tools Advanced (v.4.35.0306), it constantly tells me to reboot. I tried to install the separate version of SPTD as well, but that didn't work either, I still got stuck in a reboot cycle. Any suggestions?

Comment

Read my post above. It should work.

Comment

You said to download the most current version, install it and then reboot my computer. That's exactly what I did in the first place and I got my constant reboot error. But, just to be sure, I downloaded it again, tried to install it again and rebooted it again, to no avail.

What I'm pretty sure isn't happening is the SPTD isn't installing properly cause I don't see it coming up in my device manager. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally Posted by jzero222 View Post
                      What I'm pretty sure isn't happening is the SPTD isn't installing properly cause I don't see it coming up in my device manager. Any other thoughts?
                      1. Go to Device Manager.
                      2. Click View -> Show hidden device.
                      3. 'sptd' should be in 'Non-Plug and Play Drivers'

Comment

Working...
                      X