Can't play with my isos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play with my isos

I saved isos of the games I play the most. 85% of the time, when I load an ISO and click the game icon, it starts to load, and then it says something like

"Please insert the correct CD and restart the game."

It does this with my
    Battle for Middle Earth 2 DVD ISO
    Call of Duty 2 DVD ISO
    Stronghold 2 CD ISO
    Call of Duty 1 CD ISO
    Rome Total War CD ISO
    Rome Total: War Barabarian Invasion

It works though for
    Halo PC
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2 Special Forces

My system is:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Intel P4 3.00 GHz
    Nvidia 7800GS
    512 mb RAM
    cd drive
    dvd/cd Burner drive
    160 GB 7200 rpm hard drive

All of the hardware have the latest drivers and windows has all its updates. The games are fully patched.

I can play my games with the cd's, but not with the isos. I have tried saving them with different image programs (blindwrite 5, clone cd) and none of them work either.

Is there a solution to this. If there is any extra software, I'd like links to them. Thanks for any help!

Dedicated overclocker & Daemon tool user
    --Sir Hugh

Try to create your images with Alcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com <--trial).
    Use A-Ray Scanner or ProtectionID to scan the protection of the game CD/DVD. Then start the image making wizard of Alcohol and choose (if its a game cd) the correspending profile in the first step of the wizard (alcohol doesn't have any profiles for game dvds). In the next step choose the mds file format and start it.
    For game dvds you have t choose the correct settings by yourself. For Safedisk 4 you dont need to set anything. For Securom 5/7 and STarforce you need to enable the DataPosition Measurement with hgh precision.
    If your games don't work with the new images then you have to use antiblacklisting tools like SD4Hide, Securom Loader (d-load section) or CureROM.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

iso wont work with protected games, because iso doesn't contain the copy protection information.. the reason some of your games work are...
      1. they might be warez copies
      2. the game when updated (assuming you did update) might remove the copy protection...
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

At least for BF2 they did not remove any protection ...

Comment

Working...
        X