Loss of all removable drive use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of all removable drive use

I installed DT4 on a laptop that has never previously had Dt installed, or any kind of burner software.

System is WinXP SP2, current updates.

I installed DT4 and lost access to the real DVD drive instantly. The virtual drive doesn't work either. In either case, windows says "please insert a disk in drive D:" when I try to use the real drive, and the same for the virtual drive (E).

I'm at a loss. I've run through so many google searches I've lost count. I've been in the forums long enough to be here a few times when they've gone down for a little while and I had to wait to continue my search.

I've removed, reinstalled and repaired DT a few times now.

I've been through the MS knowledge base and made a few changes to the registry, tried different drivers and such on the real drive, etc.

Nothing seems to help.

I spent about 2 hours online with the TechNet chat service doing research and tests and trials of different things, and I stumped the guy (which honestly isn't really all that difficult).

At this point my machine is hosed without any kind of CD/DVD drive, and I'm looking at a complete reinstallation of the box which I'm not at all happy about. I've been using DT off and on for a couple years now and never had a problem like this before, so I must say I was surprised when it happened.

All the looking around in the forum I've been able to do hasn't shown me a solution, and the many google searches haven't yielded anything promising either.

Ideas??
Working...
X