Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on Win Vista X86 RC1 5600

Daemon Masters:

There is a problem installing Daemon Tools with Win Vista X86 RC1 5600 "this is the real Official RC1".

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NETT-PC® - ! NuLuJoC Ў

Daemon Tools does not officially support Windows Vista yet. There may still be changes to come, so keeping Daemon Tools compatible to non-final versions of Vista has no priority at the moment. It may work, but it may not work as well.

Of course we will do our best to have Daemon Tools compatible with Vista when it's released. For now, please don't ask about help with Vista-related issues - again, it's not supported yet.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

More Inside...

well, with some time, i have seen it works
      on Win vista 5600 RC1:

Daemon Tools v3.02 (Says driver not found but thats ok, just always run as adminstrator)
      Daemon Tools v3.33 [NOTE: UAC disabled]

and im sorry, about it...but i just trying to make a warning...but now its little work.

Comment

We will support Vista full as soon as it's official released.
        To cope all the probs around vista is atm. not possible, simply
        because we have our main-target to maintain it under the
        current, official used windows-versions. I apologize for it,
        however, we proved in the past that we're one of the
        first supporters when it comes to new Operating Systems,
        so just trust us, please. We will support it. But not yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you

Comment

Works sorta

Well i have gotten daemon tools to work sorta i had to install the STDP? driver manualy by getting the latest release from the downloads section daemon tools 4 will install but it comes up with an error saying it cant add a device (the scsi driver i assume) daemon tools 3.02 will install and mount ISO files but not mds files comes up with an error (thats what most people want to mount) I am using RC 1 Build 5600 havent tried version 4 again will try and see what it does

Comment

Right. I just went through a ton of BSODs to find a version of Daemon Tools that works.

Note that in all of these cases, UAC is disabled.

4.03 - Blocked from installing by Vista
            3.47 - Blocked from installing by Vista
            3.46 - Installs, then causes endless BSOD loop requiring Last Known Good Configuration to be restored, as it is impossible to go into Safe Mode without a BSOD also.
            3.44 - Installs, program doesn't run giving "Fialed To Detect Virtual SCSI Driver" error
            3.43 - Installs, then causes endless BSOD loop requiring Last Known Good Configuration to be restored, as it is impossible to go into Safe Mode without a BSOD also.
            3.41 - Installs and works. Obviously running newer games is impossible due to evolved copy protection, however all image types are mountable.

Comment

I hope a Version for Vista is coming quickly
              I have testet many other Tools with VDrives, but no Tool works with Vista.

Hey Deamon Team!!! We need it remedy!!!
              pls dont wait for the official Release!

sry for my english, i´m from Germany...

In German Section, i cant find a actually Thread with this Topic
              Last edited by Davidaff; 14.09.2006, 10:59.

Comment

@Davidaff

Just wait for next Daemon Tools version which has a new SPTD driver included. I think an admin or someone from Beta-Team has statet that RC1 works with newest beta of Daemon Tools.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by rajraj
                  3.41 - Installs and works. Obviously running newer games is impossible due to evolved copy protection, however all image types are mountable.
                  I confirm this....on RC1
                  http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Hey are we abandoning the 5384.4 thread and are moving instead to this one? Great.
                    With great power comes great responsibility.
                    With great wisdom comes great stupidity.

Comment

I can't install the driver (cause not signed) nor any Deamon Tools version (Drive not found error)

Comment

Originally Posted by Master_FX
                        I can't install the driver (cause not signed) nor any Deamon Tools version (Drive not found error)
                        That's because all versions of DTools higher than 3.41 don't work with Vista's Kernel. We need to wait for the next version of DTools, which will include a new SPTD driver. We will just have to wait patiently until a new version is released.
                        With great power comes great responsibility.
                        With great wisdom comes great stupidity.

Comment

Not for me. I currently have an unbootable system because the driver was installed and it will not let the system boot. This is Longhorn but that pretty much is Vista.

Comment

Guys i found out something interesting
                            when i install 3.33 or anything like that and it gives you the endless blue screen of death I took out 2 of my 512mb memory stick leaving only 1 512mb stick and it would boot up fine same things with cloneCD slyfox

had to take out 2 512mb and leave in 1 512mb which is really gay
                            so i just uninstalled 3.33

Comment

If the only problem with the current DT version is that it's blocked, will it work when you disable file integrity checks AND uap?

eg.

Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON

%SystemRoot%\system32\msconfig.exe -> tools tab -> disable uap -> launch

I'd love to try out Windows Vista but working without a virtual drive is extremely inconvenient

-Markus-

Comment

Working...
                              X