PDA

View Full Version : Error on Win Vista X86 RC1 5600

nettpc
04.09.2006, 01:24
Daemon Masters:

There is a problem installing Daemon Tools with Win Vista X86 RC1 5600 "this is the real Official RC1".:confused:

Thank you.

Best Regards,

NETT-PC® - ! NuLuJoC Ў

NetSoerfer
04.09.2006, 04:39
Daemon Tools does not officially support Windows Vista yet. There may still be changes to come, so keeping Daemon Tools compatible to non-final versions of Vista has no priority at the moment. It may work, but it may not work as well.

Of course we will do our best to have Daemon Tools compatible with Vista when it's released. For now, please don't ask about help with Vista-related issues - again, it's not supported yet.

nettpc
05.09.2006, 02:01
well, with some time, i have seen it works
on Win vista 5600 RC1:

Daemon Tools v3.02 (Says driver not found but thats ok, just always run as adminstrator)
Daemon Tools v3.33 [NOTE: UAC disabled]

and im sorry, about it...but i just trying to make a warning...but now its little work.

LocutusofBorg
06.09.2006, 18:38
We will support Vista full as soon as it's official released.
To cope all the probs around vista is atm. not possible, simply
because we have our main-target to maintain it under the
current, official used windows-versions. I apologize for it,
however, we proved in the past that we're one of the
first supporters when it comes to new Operating Systems,
so just trust us, please. We will support it. But not yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you

oopshtyler
07.09.2006, 11:39
Well i have gotten daemon tools to work sorta i had to install the STDP? driver manualy by getting the latest release from the downloads section daemon tools 4 will install but it comes up with an error saying it cant add a device (the scsi driver i assume) daemon tools 3.02 will install and mount ISO files but not mds files comes up with an error (thats what most people want to mount) I am using RC 1 Build 5600 havent tried version 4 again will try and see what it does :)

rajraj
13.09.2006, 11:37
Right. I just went through a ton of BSODs to find a version of Daemon Tools that works.

Note that in all of these cases, UAC is disabled.

4.03 - Blocked from installing by Vista
3.47 - Blocked from installing by Vista
3.46 - Installs, then causes endless BSOD loop requiring Last Known Good Configuration to be restored, as it is impossible to go into Safe Mode without a BSOD also.
3.44 - Installs, program doesn't run giving "Fialed To Detect Virtual SCSI Driver" error
3.43 - Installs, then causes endless BSOD loop requiring Last Known Good Configuration to be restored, as it is impossible to go into Safe Mode without a BSOD also.
3.41 - Installs and works. Obviously running newer games is impossible due to evolved copy protection, however all image types are mountable.

Davidaff
13.09.2006, 18:16
I hope a Version for Vista is coming quickly:mad:
I have testet many other Tools with VDrives, but no Tool works with Vista.

Hey Deamon Team!!! We need it remedy!!! ;)
pls dont wait for the official Release!

sry for my english, i´m from Germany...

In German Section, i cant find a actually Thread with this Topic

Blazkowicz
13.09.2006, 19:09
@Davidaff

Just wait for next Daemon Tools version which has a new SPTD driver included. I think an admin or someone from Beta-Team has statet that RC1 works with newest beta of Daemon Tools.

sfkilla23
14.09.2006, 02:33
3.41 - Installs and works. Obviously running newer games is impossible due to evolved copy protection, however all image types are mountable.

I confirm this....on RC1

unMatChedProWess
14.09.2006, 21:40
Hey are we abandoning the 5384.4 thread and are moving instead to this one? Great.

Master_FX
15.09.2006, 18:26
I can't install the driver (cause not signed) nor any Deamon Tools version (Drive not found error)

unMatChedProWess
15.09.2006, 23:16
I can't install the driver (cause not signed) nor any Deamon Tools version (Drive not found error)

That's because all versions of DTools higher than 3.41 don't work with Vista's Kernel. We need to wait for the next version of DTools, which will include a new SPTD driver. We will just have to wait patiently until a new version is released. :)

kburton
16.09.2006, 03:14
Not for me. I currently have an unbootable system because the driver was installed and it will not let the system boot. This is Longhorn but that pretty much is Vista.

waterunner
16.09.2006, 03:48
Guys i found out something interesting
when i install 3.33 or anything like that and it gives you the endless blue screen of death I took out 2 of my 512mb memory stick leaving only 1 512mb stick and it would boot up fine same things with cloneCD slyfox

had to take out 2 512mb and leave in 1 512mb which is really gay
so i just uninstalled 3.33

Cygon
16.09.2006, 11:48
If the only problem with the current DT version is that it's blocked, will it work when you disable file integrity checks AND uap?

eg.

Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON

%SystemRoot%\system32\msconfig.exe -> tools tab -> disable uap -> launch

I'd love to try out Windows Vista but working without a virtual drive is extremely inconvenient :)

-Markus-

Jito463
16.09.2006, 22:52
That was how us x64 users felt for months before DTools finally released DT4 for x64. It took some adjusting to not having virtual drives. But with Vista there is some versions that still work, so it's not quite the same (that, and Vista is still beta). Be patient, it will come.

asgalvan
16.09.2006, 23:58
3.41 works and no activation issues after install. Don't need emulation right now so this version is cool.

lukemccoy
17.09.2006, 04:57
Daemon Tools does not officially support Windows Vista yet. There may still be changes to come, so keeping Daemon Tools compatible to non-final versions of Vista has no priority at the moment. It may work, but it may not work as well.

Of course we will do our best to have Daemon Tools compatible with Vista when it's released. For now, please don't ask about help with Vista-related issues - again, it's not supported yet.

If you don't support Vista then why does it list it on the download page??? Am I doing something wrong?

THIS VERSION SUPPORTS 32BIT OS (Windows XP, Windows2003, Windows 2000, VISTA) ONLY !!

I am running the Vista RC1 that I downloaded from Microsoft.

sfkilla23
17.09.2006, 10:51
If you don't support Vista then why does it list it on the download page??? Am I doing something wrong?

This was for vista beta2... it meant that 5384 is compatible with latest dt.

Master_FX
17.09.2006, 18:51
If the only problem with the current DT version is that it's blocked, will it work when you disable file integrity checks AND uap?

eg.

Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON

%SystemRoot%\system32\msconfig.exe -> tools tab -> disable uap -> launch

I'd love to try out Windows Vista but working without a virtual drive is extremely inconvenient :)

-Markus-

nope, doesn't work

sfkilla23
23.09.2006, 10:32
I'm dissapointed
I tried latest Build 5728 and guess what?
Nothing from daemon tools works on it... not even v3.33 or v3.41

Here is a screen of the situation. The scsi driver ain't the problem here, its the scsi dvdrom driver that is not working.

On the other side alcohol120% installs for the first time on Vista....but the virtual drive doesn't work...i'm still happy to be able to burn and create mds iso's :)

Check this:http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/pity233/Capture-5.png

spoonerweb
23.09.2006, 12:49
Good thing they didn't release an update to DTools yet then. This is what happened to me on Beta 2. I was waiting for DTools for Beta 2. I upgraded from Beta 2 to the next build. The next day, DTools was released for Beta 2. I thought, "Great, I'll download this and then be all set." Downloaded, but then it wouldn't work. After actually READING the posts on the problem, I was able to find a solution. It might be an older version, but yes, it is better than what happened with 64bit. I am glad I read this post too. I was just about to upgrade to the next build. Although, I do wonder if upgrading would let the driver slip though. Might try it AFTER I make an image of my hard drive.

sfkilla23
23.09.2006, 14:06
I don't think the upgrade will work...
I tried upgrade & fresh install and got the same error.
Its a pity not one version works on this 5728 build.
I feel that the team will release something soon...
I'm using poweriso which does it all ;) (at least llike v3.33 did)

Underheaven
24.09.2006, 05:26
Hey are we abandoning the 5384.4 thread and are moving instead to this one? Great.
Indeed, it looks like everyone is posting here. I'll remove the 'All posts go here' title from the last thread.

-DireWolf-
25.09.2006, 22:00
I can get the DT to install on RC1 by disabling the Program Compatibilty Engine NOT the File Integrity Checks.

Start -> Run and enter 'gpedit.msc' then Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility then double click Turn Of Application Compatibilty Engine select Enable then click OK.

Unfortunately after you've got it to install it won't run. You get the error 'Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode'.

So who knows how to fix that one?

Blazkowicz
25.09.2006, 22:47
Just wait for next Daemon Tools version, it will include a new sptd layer and it should work.