Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spellforce 2 Patch 1.02 (Starforce 3.7.16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spellforce 2 Patch 1.02 (Starforce 3.7.16)

Hi - sorry to rehash a question that has probably beaten half to death several times already.
    Although I have been able to obtain a mini-image that worked for Spellforce 2 for the 1.00 European patch, I have been (so far) unable to find one that would for the 1.02 patch with update Starforce drivers.
    I wanted to know whether I have not looked hard enough, and a no cd or efficient mini-image does exist, or whether I should abandon all hope of playing the up-to-date game with daemon tools.
    Alternatively (silly question), I wondered whether I could use the back-up of my original dvd, along with the working 1.00 mini-image, to recreate a physical DVD that would satisfy Starforce, were it to be inserted in my "real" drive?

Thanks a lot for any and all answers.

EDIT: I seem to recall a thread of someone who had basically "replaced" a few of the new files (such as the exe, and the starforce version identifier) with precedent ones, and had been able to go on and play. Is such an option viable (technically, I guess this would be reinstalling the earlier version of starforce over the new one)?
    Last edited by Skyduke; 09.09.2006, 09:50.

With patch 1.02 and new starforce you can't play with mini image and it is not possible to burn good quality copy.If you want to play using the mini image use the version 1.00 of the game.

Comment

is it possible to make a good image if you have the cd version that was released in the us?

Comment

The US 4 disc CD version uses Tages 5.5 or 5.6. In another thread someone posted a file that was supposed to make Alcohol 120% work by replacing the Ajax file, but it didn't work (at least not for me). Figured I'd at least give it a try. It did manage to fix the MDS errors I got while backing up the CD, but the image still did not run using DT4.03HE.

From what I've read around here the next DT Pro will have support for Tages built in, but I haven't found any release dates other than 'when it's finished'. So I have no idea really.

Comment

The replacement file you mentioned was just profiles, nothing more. There's no way to add support for Tages by just modifying profiles. It's something the Alcohol devs will need to add.

Comment

Working...
          X