Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SCSI safe?

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been thrashed out ad nauseam but I'm really out of my depth here and need advice in words of one sillybull.

Have a PC with IDE drives running XP SP2. Downloaded DAEMON 403_x86.exe. Noticed something about SCSI drivers in a warning panel at the beginning of installation and so cancelled it.

I'm running a MegaRAID ATA 133-2 on my system which needs SCSI drivers. Device Manager reports it as a FGDSCSI (2003) SCSI Host Adaptor and the driver file is sgxscsi.sys.

Is the installation of Daemon Tools going to conflict/cause problems with this? If I lose access to my RAID array I lose access to all my drives except the one with the OS on it, and backing out of a mess like that is something I'd rather avoid.

Thanks.

There should be no problem, Daemon Tools works fine on systems with "real" SCSI controllers, SATA, SATA2, RAID and whatever-controllers. Of course there is always a little risk of buggy drivers, but this does not relate to a particular controller interface in general.
    Anyhow in case of conflicts it should be no problem to remove Daemon Tools from your system.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi

Hello,
      I have an adaptec scsi card that i used for my plextor cd player and cd writer. I didn't have any conflicts with it. I know i don't have a hard drive installed on it but the results should be the same. I would try it out by making a system backup before or even use the system recovery option in xp before installing DT.
      http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Re: Is SCSI safe?

I've got two systems where the OS (boot drive) itself is on a SCSI card. No problems experienced.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X