Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual CD drives hidden even though DT is running

Hi, new to the forums and hope you can help

I've had a look at the general support posts to see if they can help me figure out what's happened to my DT install, but to no avail. All methods for fixing this issue have so far failed to work.

DT installs fine and Windows XP (SP2) detects the new drive immediately after installation. However, the virtual drive remains hidden in Explorer.

I have re-installed DT several times but I'm continuing to get the same problem over and over again. I can even browse to mount images via DT, it's just that I can't run anything from them becuase Windows doesn't see the drive there.

After each re-boot I get a 'Found New Hardware' and it re-installs the SCSI drive. Still nothing appears in Explorer. This is becoming really frustrating now as DT used to work perfectly well for me without any of these problems. I have no idea why it's suddenly stopped working.

The only thing it may be is a Safedisc or Securom .dll loading at startup which is preventing the drive from showing, but I have no idea how to track down these files and delete them accordingly - or how I even got them into the system in the first place. If anyone can help with that, I'd be extremely grateful.

This is a great piece of software and I'm missing it badly! Please help!

Thanks.

Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by czrsink
      Hi, new to the forums and hope you can help

I've had a look at the general support posts to see if they can help me figure out what's happened to my DT install, but to no avail. All methods for fixing this issue have so far failed to work.
      I was hoping someone might be able to offer a better explanation, considering I'd already tried that thread and the further link from the next thread

Comment

Everything ok in device manager? Which drivers are installed (if any) for the virtual devices? Any error messages in system eventlog (run eventvwr.msc)?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Can't find anything at all, the only system error messages are about 'nvport'.

Virtual drive is there, but there is no information available when you click 'Driver Details'. I have tried to install cdrom.inf but it comes up with the 'hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find.."

Comment

Working...
          X