Daemon Tools and Longhorn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools and Longhorn.

I installed Daemon Tools to Windows 2003 x64 with no problem. (4.03 and driver 1.25, the latest) but when I tried to install it on Longhorn the system refuses to boot and the driver sptd.sys is said to be at fault. Is there another version or how do I "uninstall". I have tried to just remove the files sptd.sys but then I get a message on boot that one or more drivers are missing. I have tried safe mode and everything I know. I am no longer able to boot into this OS. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Kevin Burton

Refer to any of the other many Vista threads on the forum. Search is your friend.

Comment

Daemon Tools and Longhorn

I did a search and found numerous other people having problems and I can see that the official status is that it is not supported. Right now I have a system that will not boot. How to I remove the sptd.sys driver so I can again boot the system? I have tried Safe Mode, Normal Boot, etc. all give a message that the image is corrupt and gives a path to the sptd.sys driver. I have tried going into another OS and removing the .sys driver files but this just gives me another error.

Thank you.

Kevin

Comment

Try to boot with DVD into recovery console and disable SPTD service in options there.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Daemon Tools and Longhorn.

The problem is that I don't have a DVD. I installed the OS using Daemon Tools from another OS in the system. Any other options?

Kevin

Comment

Originally Posted by kburton
            The problem is that I don't have a DVD. I installed the OS using Daemon Tools from another OS in the system. Any other options?

Kevin
            Install xp on other partition (in your case a second hard drive)
            after xp installed, install EasyBCD a repair the vista boot from in there... It helped me once

http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Daemon Tools and Longhorn

Thank you very much. This gives me something to start on.

I have installed EasyBCD but I am not sure how to proceed from there. Would you mind detailing the steps that are necessary to remove the driver so the OS will boot again?

Thank you.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X