PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Tools and Longhorn.

kburton
15.09.2006, 12:40
I installed Daemon Tools to Windows 2003 x64 with no problem. (4.03 and driver 1.25, the latest) but when I tried to install it on Longhorn the system refuses to boot and the driver sptd.sys is said to be at fault. Is there another version or how do I "uninstall". I have tried to just remove the files sptd.sys but then I get a message on boot that one or more drivers are missing. I have tried safe mode and everything I know. I am no longer able to boot into this OS. :mad: Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Kevin Burton

Jito463
15.09.2006, 19:17
Refer to any of the other many Vista threads on the forum. Search is your friend.

kburton
15.09.2006, 19:56
I did a search and found numerous other people having problems and I can see that the official status is that it is not supported. Right now I have a system that will not boot. How to I remove the sptd.sys driver so I can again boot the system? I have tried Safe Mode, Normal Boot, etc. all give a message that the image is corrupt and gives a path to the sptd.sys driver. I have tried going into another OS and removing the .sys driver files but this just gives me another error.

Thank you.

Kevin

Copytrooper
15.09.2006, 20:52
Try to boot with DVD into recovery console and disable SPTD service in options there.

kburton
15.09.2006, 21:51
The problem is that I don't have a DVD. I installed the OS using Daemon Tools from another OS in the system. Any other options?

Kevin

sfkilla23
15.09.2006, 23:56
The problem is that I don't have a DVD. I installed the OS using Daemon Tools from another OS in the system. Any other options?

Kevin

Install xp on other partition (in your case a second hard drive)
after xp installed, install EasyBCD a repair the vista boot from in there... It helped me once

;)

kburton
16.09.2006, 03:11
Thank you very much. This gives me something to start on.

I have installed EasyBCD but I am not sure how to proceed from there. Would you mind detailing the steps that are necessary to remove the driver so the OS will boot again?

Thank you.

Kevin