• problem playing movies in powerdvd5.0

Operating System: windows xp
    Burning Software: nero 5
    Anti-virus Software: nortonvirus2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

when i play a BIN/CUE movie in POWER DVD 5.0, film jumps to chapters,

yesterday it was working fine.....
    i just uninstall powerdvd5.0, and installed powerdvd5.0 deluxe
    i have tried to reinstall powerdvd5.0, but it doesnt help....
    every BIN/CUE files jumps when i play them

i dont know what is the problem....
    can anyone help me

thanx

Operating System: XP pro
    Burning Software: Alc 120
    Anti-virus Software: NAV
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

Seems to be bug in PowerDVD deluxe, I had many problems with VCDs...you better stay with the old version, no problems yet.

Comment

Oh, and when you have trouble reinstalling, remove PowerDVD deluxe, go to your Program Files directory (may have another name in foreign Windows versions, as Programme in german Windows) and remove Cyberlink directory. This removes some files which are not removed by installer if you updated PowerDVD. Then reinstall PowerDVD. Should work again.

Comment

Operating System: Windows Xp home
        Burning Software: Easycdcreator, alcohol
        Anti-virus Software: NAV7
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I was having the same problem, but using Nero drivespeed and turning down the speed to normal cdrom speed from DT speed of 200x solved it. Now Powerdvd 5 works fine.

Comment

Can you be more detailed please: what speed did you set? And what image was mounted?

Comment

I cant belive it but the problem is back dont know why. It realy did work with several differnt Cue bin mounted SVCDs but it doesnt anymore.....Im not sure about the settings that did work, becouse since then I have tried lots of things but nothing works.

Comment

Operating System: Win XP Pro
              Burning Software: Nero 5 or 6
              Anti-virus Software: AVG Free
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41 and 3.43

I have the same problem on 2 computers (one laptop and one desktop running WinXP) with PowerDVD5, but it works fine on a 3rd WinXP box. I've tried 3 different images and they all skip through PowerDVD5 when mounted with D-T. The images work with PowerDVD4, WMP and WinDVD mounted through D-T and they will work on PowerDVD5 when burned and read from a real CD or DVD drive.

Did one of you guys figure this out by chance?

Comment

I've successfully gotten my 3rd machine to start stuttering during the playback of vcd/svcd's that are mounted with daemon tools.

The 3rd machine had powerdvd v5.00.0603 and daemon tools v341 installed. I uninstalled and then installed daemon tools v343, rebooted and tried a mounted svcd image and it played fine. I then applied the powerdvd5 0805 patch and played the image again and then the skipping began. I uninstalled powerdvd5 and then reinstalled v5.00.0603 and now the skipping remains. So, at this point, it looks like that powerdvd 0805 patch changes something. Now to find out what it is...

Comment

Working...
                X