Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install games from image file

Hi there,

I've been using DT3.7 (i believe) for quite some time now and never had any problems with it. Recently i've upgraded to V4.03HE and since then tried to install two different games via an image file. I got the same error trying to install both games, just at the beginning of the installation process (after selecting an installation path etc.) The error i've recieved is:

Feature Transfer Error:

Feature: NewFeature
    Component: Main Executable Component
    File: (blank)
    Error: Toegang geweigerd

The last two words, Toegang geweigerd, is dutch for Acces Denied.

After recieving this screen, the installation is aborted. I've tried many setting (i.e. copy protection's on or off) but nothing worked.

The only thing that dуes work is to mount the image, open explorer, copy/paste the whole content to my HD, and use the copied files on my HD to install the game. Doing so, enables me properly install the game.

Do you have any idea why i get the error message and what i can do about it?

Thanx!

I also have a game which I cannot install from the image file. I can install the game fine on this laptop if I use the original CD. The error that the game gives is: Program too big to fit in memory. Daemon Tools is not the only virtual drive program which has given this problem.

Have you tried creating a real CD and installing from that?

-------------------------------------------------
    Administration: please do NOT double-post. Your account is moderated,
    therefore you have to wait some time until your posts shows up here

Comment

Working...
    X