Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT4 Pro almost = Virtual CD (8 / 7.2NMS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4 Pro almost = Virtual CD (8 / 7.2NMS)

Hi All,

I was looking at the screenshots for DT4 Pro, and it looks very much like Virtual CD http://www.virtualcd-online.com/

Is that basically how DT4Pro will be?

Thanks,
    shaakir

There's not a lot of things about copy protections... and their driver seems to be SCSI based... so no SF emulation possible without unplugging.

If you want info about DT Pro (NOT DT4Pro) ye'll have to use the search function. It has a lot of features (like vIDE)
    Carpe diem

Comment

it looks NOT like virtual cd.

When you search on our forums, did you noticed that noone
      except you come to such conclusion? Apart from the fact that
      both applications are written to do similar jobs.... in such way,
      you can tell even that DT Pro will similar look to Alcohol,
      Nero, CloneCD, Blindwrite etc etc

Sorry, but I have really a total other opinion here - no offence.
      Of course you are entitled to have another opinion, but how
      do you come to such conclusion?

just my 2cent

Comment

hmm...I don't see the resemblance.

Comment

Nor I do, in fact.
          Carpe diem

Comment

Well they both run under Windows.

All joking aside, I see VCD8 has a virtual burner. Is there really a need for this feature? Will DT Pro have this?

Comment

not initially, but later

Comment

not seeing resemblance
                we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                  not initially, but later
                  any chance of having a sticky of a wishlist or actual future feature list ?

I did notice that VCD (v9 at least) can mount an image in an existing IDE drive letter but am unsure if this is nothing more than playing with drive letters of something more sophisticated, a.k.a. vIDE.

Comment

DT team already offers such funcionality (aka RealROM), available only for customers. It is same technology like VCD9's technology.

vIDE in opposite is completely different, as its a real (although
                    virtual) IDE-drive.

DT team offers several addons for DT in their customer-area, one
                    mate is registered there

Comment

Originally Posted by Bruno007 View Post
                      DT team already offers such funcionality (aka RealROM), available only for customers. It is same technology like VCD9's technology.

vIDE in opposite is completely different, as its a real (although
                      virtual) IDE-drive.

DT team offers several addons for DT in their customer-area, one
                      mate is registered there
                      This is what I'm talking about! OK, so I havn't purchased DT Pro yet but it just seems like I'd also be buying into some sort of secret society! Admittedly this idea on it's own might provide enough incentive to buy the product

These "goodies" just seem too secret at the moment. It might be my perception but I thought by now, DT has come -of-age and become more commercially minded that a list of features that are in progress might be made public and that we see less of "when it's done".

Comment

hmm, then you clearly thought wrong

No, we do not like to discuss such things in open forums.

See it like this:

Everyone knows exactly what he/she will get at LEAST:

excellent support and the product they are licensing.

That we add even extras is another story. And yes, maybe
                        its some kind of society (actually of course it is), but not
                        "secret" as if we are illuminates, we welcome everyone.

And its good to see that alot of them are very pleased when
                        they realize that we offer not only the license+product
                        but also good supported customer-boards and grant access
                        to other goodies as well.

Yes, we are more commercial then before, but we do not
                        want to go much further, we like it how it is now. And
                        success proves we are right...

Beside of that, we announce from time to time some of what
                        is "work in progress", just read the announcements.

And what concerns "When its done" - why should we
                        dissapoint everyone with releasedates that we must delay
                        then afterwards? We did not forgot about the DT V4 -
                        catastrophe yet. Of course even then some people are not
                        satisfied, but for the most of them it simply "works"..

Last Months, we made more or less precise
                        releasedates and that only because we were sure that we
                        finished our jobs until the deadline. And even then such info
                        is only posted to customerforums. All this is a benfit imho
                        when you're licensed, we think it's fair... customers first, thats
                        how we want to keep it

Comment

OK thanks LoB. Just to be stubborn...do u think vIDE will be out within a year? I'm just keen to see the nail in the coffin for starforce

Comment

Originally Posted by professorx View Post
                            OK thanks LoB. Just to be stubborn...do u think vIDE will be out within a year? I'm just keen to see the nail in the coffin for starforce
                            I would say your not being stubborn, more like your pushing your luck. i think LOB sumed it up perfectly.

Why dont you purchase and then find out what your missing out on, who knows you may even find out stuff that your not going to find out in open forum.

I beleive vIDE will not even be introduced into the free version so why would they even need to mention it except for when its actualy released in teh purchased version. Like LOB said just watch the information posts, if any thing is going to be posted thats where you will see it first as a non purchased user.

Comment

From what I've read and tried I'd only buy DT if it included vIDE (assuming it does the job).
                              Since the the current licence model is annual I'll probably wait until that time comes.
                              Starforce 3 on cd remains undefeated as far as I can tell since late 2002!

Comment

Working...
                              X