Force mount with sub-channel error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force mount with sub-channel error?

Here's the situation. I'm playing a game, Monster Rancher 2, which uses info off cds to generate monsters. Now, some people found out that all the info it uses is contained within the .ccd file of a clonecd image. So what you can do is take any CloneCD image, open the .ccd file, delete the contents, and paste in new contents that someone has gotten from a different cd, and thus make certain monsters. Normally, you would then burn these CDs.

However, I'm playing it on an emulator (savestates ftw) right now so I've just been mounting the image that I modified. Problem is, some of the .ccd contents I've used (not all of it, so the method itself isn't flawed) generates an error when I try to mount it: Unable to mount image. Error reading sub-channel file. Now, since I'm not really interested in the contents of the cd itself, just what's on the .ccd file, is there any way to force it to mount and ignore the error, or does that not really work?

Note that I have tried this with Alcohol's virtual drive too, so it's not a problem solely with daemon tools.

edit by admin: Please don't post your message more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
Working...
X