• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usb mass storage device conflict

Operating System: windows xp
    Burning Software: nero 5.0
    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

At the begining i installed daemon-tools without problems, i could find the cd-rom (e and cdrw-rom (d)
    the external dvd-rom using usb(g and the virtual cd/dvd from daemon tools. Whem i restarted the pc, my dvd rom was gone, the system (windows xp) couldn't find it. I tried to find the hardware, i renamed the external dvd-rom drive but nothing works. The system shows conflict with the usb mass storage device (used by the external dvd-rom).
    Can you help me?

Operating System: Win XP SP1 on P4 2.0 GHz Northwood (512 K L2) with 1.25 GB pc2100 RAM
    Burning Software: Nero Ultra 6, CloneCD 4, Roxio DragtoDisc, Alcohol
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Antivirus 8 Corporate
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

Have you tried uninstalling DT and see if the DVD ROM device returns? I think it might be a conflict between the drivers. :evil:
    http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

I did it but the message still remain. i have to uninstall the dvd-rom drivers and install the drivers again, so i can use the dvd-rom.
      The problem continues whem i install the DT again. i can use any of my cd-rom but when i restar the pc, the dvd-rom is gone.

Comment

please deinstall old version 3.33 and reinstall 3.41 instead

Comment

i desinstalled the dt 3.33 and installed the new version but the problem still remains.
          i installed first the dvd-rom them i installed the dt. I tried installing the dt first and the dvd-rom second and both everything was ok (there wasn't conflict with the device) but i restarted the pc and the conflict with the usb was shown up again. (missing the external dvd rom)

Comment

What conflict it refers to? Daemon uses no resources, it cannot conflict with anything. If you have drive letter problem, then assign higher letter for virtual drive.

Comment

I did it. i renamed the virtual drive with "X" them i installed the external dvd-rom. Everything was ok until i restarted the pc.

Comment

And what? Which device your USB conflicts with? Can you see it in device manager?

Comment

the device manager still shows a conflic with the usb mass storage device. maybe xp is the problem or the external dvd rom (or both)
                  because the dvdrom (and the usb) works good until i installed DT.
                  Do you know something about that? what can i do?

Comment

Conflict may me only between 2 or more devices. Run troubleshooter and check all conflictiing devices.

Comment

Working...
                    X