Bsod On Boot - Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod On Boot - Need Help!

I have a BSOD on boot and I tried safe mode but blue screens when Deamon trys to load one of the driver files it installed.

Im using an Nforce4 motherboard and I hear this can be a common problem.

The problem is that I'm booting off a RAID 0 array and the drivers for that array are on the disk itself, when I try to boot into the recovery console to delete or rename the DT driver files I can't because it wont recognise my RAID array.

I've tried supplying the drivers using F6 when I start up but it blue screens when it gets into the recovery console, i suspect the first time its trying to write to the drive, it restarts imediately but i think its an ntfs.sys file thats causing it.

So basically im screwed I cant actually boot onto my RAID drive to delete the files and I cant boot normally because I get a BSOD!

Any clever suggestions ASAP please before I bite the bullet and do a rebuild.

FYI this has been a really lame night

What Daemon Tools version has you tried to install?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Its the latest install from this website.

So far putting RAID drives onto a custom boot DVD and trying to boot into windows isnt working, my last line of aproach is to install XP onto a 3rd IDE drive and install the RAID Drives onto that and see if I can get access to my RAID array from it, delete the files then swap it back and over and boot from it as normal.

Currently Im on the XP installing phase, im just glad i have spare hard drives laying around!

Also just to make note, others on the forum have mentione that some USB devices cause issues that make this worse, I've tried booting in safe mode with all the USB devices unplugged and it doesnt help!

Comment

OK I've got this sorted now.

But for future reference, is there any way of specifically stopping this from happening, because it's a pain in the arse!

Comment

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and press a key to skip loading SPTD.sys when prompted? Also, if you boot from the CD to access the recovery console and it still BSOD's, then it's not DTools. At that point, SPTD is not loaded, neither is the DTools driver.

Comment

I've sorted this problem now and I'm up and running, however how do I stop this from occuring in future, I can't be messing around like this everytime Daemon tools decides it want's to BSOD my system.

It must be conflicting with something, what do i need to disable/remove to make this work as it should?

Comment

Working...
            X