Faces of War + DTools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faces of War + DTools

I've mounted the Faces of War game image (.ISO) in Daemon Tools 4.03HE SPTD 1.25 32-Bit. During game installation, sometimes I got an installation error msgbox (corrupted file) and after you choose "Repeat" it reboots, sometimes it freezed, and sometimes it just rebooted. To narrow down the problem I mounted it with Nero ImageDrive, and it worked flawlessly.

My Specs:

P4 3.25Ghz HT
    Chipset Intel 865PE (last version)
    1GB DDR400
    ATI 9800
    Windows XP SP2 + all updates
    And my bios updated

Don't have Easy CD Creator installed.

how did you created the image - which application, which
    settings?

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
      how did you created the image - which application, which
      settings?
      It's a standard ISO Data Mode 1 (DVD image), created with UltraISO, there are no options to set.

Comment

That probably won't be enough because ISO doesn't contain enough information about the DVD for the copy protection to work. Please create a new image from your original disc using Alcohol 120%.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          That probably won't be enough because ISO doesn't contain enough information about the DVD for the copy protection to work. Please create a new image from your original disc using Alcohol 120%.
          I used an alcohol 120% image, and got the same error...

Comment

Check C:\Windows\minidump for the latest minidump file and send it uncompressed to support@daemon-tools.cc and reference this thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Check C:\Windows\minidump for the latest minidump file and send it uncompressed to support@daemon-tools.cc and reference this thread.
              There are several minidump files there... How do I know which one is from the FoW installation crash?

Comment

Either from the date or, if you can't identify it, try to reproduce the crash, then send the according (i.e. latest) minidump to support.

Comment

OK. Email sent. Thanks.

Comment

I can't seem to install it... It always says file corrupted, can anyone help me? I tried with daemon, then creating image with ultraiso and mounting with nero image drive, but nothing works.

Thx

Comment

@Frosal: Create your image with Alcohol 52% / 120%. Iso does not store enough copy protection related information.

Comment

Created the image with alcohol 52%, mounted on daemon, still says the file is corrupted. :'< Can you suggest anything else?

Thanks

edit by admin: Please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Comment

What happens if you install the game from your original CD/DVD?

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
                            What happens if you install the game from your original CD/DVD?
                            indeed...

Comment

Well it isn't corrupted if that's what you mean...

By the way, sorry about the double posting thingy, didn't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X