Installer gets caught in a loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installer gets caught in a loop

I'm trying to install DT x64, and when I start the installer, it mentions it needs to install SPTD, then says I need to reboot to complete the installation. I reboot, and the installer comes back to the same point, telling me I need to reboot, and I can never get past this point.

I'm wondering if it may be caused by the reinstall I had to do of windows, as I didn't reformat the hard drive first as I needed to keep some files as it was an emergency re-install, so I'm wondering if it's picking settings up from somewhere that's causing it to loop. I've deleted the daemon tools folder in program files, but wonder if there's a registry entry somewhere that's the problem. Any advice on this would be great, thanks.

Which OS do you use? And did you download the newest available installer package in our download section (incl. SPTD v1.25)? Previous version had problems with latest Windows updates in x64 OS.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

If you reinstalled windows without uninstalling DAEMON Tools first, I recommend using SPTD Deleter (a tool I wrote) then reinstalling DAEMON Tools.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
      X