Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guild 2

Created an image and tried to run the game,
    First i got an error saying "a required security module cant be activated" the (6000) securom error. Work my way around that. Had some more securom issues, but work around all of those using these boards (thanks for that).

Now i get a message saying:
    "please insert the original CD/DVD"
    What am i doing wrong?

Edit: When i run the game with the .exe in win2000 compatibility mode i get the insert original cd error, but when not in any comp. mode i get the 6000 securom error.

I use DT v4 and tried seculoader 1.2, sr7hide, and securom loader 7.26, but none worked.

Please help.
    Last edited by Daedalus14; 26.09.2006, 11:55.

securom loader 7.26 works fine. just put the file in same place like your guild2.exe

it worked with 4.0.3 ... 4.0.6 should run it without any tools.
    at least ist works for my settlers and spellforce 2 patch 1.02 version.

Comment

How did you create your image (which program and settings) ?
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I used Alcohol 120% 1.9.5 Trial version (it's free...)

Just opened it and used the image making wizard where you just have to pres next and start and you get your image. So i don't really know what settings i used nor how to change any settings.

Comment

Ok.
          SO The Guild 2 is protected by Securom 7 so you need an mdf/mds image created by Alcohol 120% with DPM Informations. To get these DPM Info you only need to enable the Data Position Measurement option, with high precision, in the first page of the image making Dialog. WHen it asks you to choos the DPM Reading Speed choose a fast speed (but only if the game is on dvd, if the game is on CD then you have to choose the Securom 5/7 profile at the first page and the DPM reading speed needs to be slow).

BTW.: theres a free version (not trial its full and unlimited, the only thing is that you only can create 6 vDrives, with the licensed version you can create up to 32) of ALcohol 52% (Alc 52% only can create images, Alc 120% also can burn them).
          Last edited by AnalCobra; 26.09.2006, 20:51.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Comment

Thanks.

I'll try making a new image and get Alcohol 52%.

Hope it helps

Comment

Similar troubles myself. I used the 1.16 german patch and now I can't get past the "Emulation Software Detected" error. I tried ASR 1.2, Procyon, Alki, and Curerom 2.03. I have DT 4.06. I uninstalled Curerom and Alcohol thinking that might be the problem but no go. Ideas? Everyone says ASR works but I can't even brute force it.

-Drax

Comment

Do you have any other software installed that might be blacklisted, such as SlySoft products (CloneCD, CloneDVD etc)?
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The only emulation items I have normally are curerom and DT. Alcohol is usually only on my laptop since I don't have any optical drives in my tower. Four IDE hard drives. That's why I tend to use images if possible. Seems 7.26 is just nasty at countering emulation.

Comment

How did you create the image?
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                        Ok.
                        SO The Guild 2 is protected by Securom 7 so you need an mdf/mds image created by Alcohol 120% with DPM Informations. To get these DPM Info you only need to enable the Data Position Measurement option, with high precision, in the first page of the image making Dialog. WHen it asks you to choos the DPM Reading Speed choose a fast speed (but only if the game is on dvd, if the game is on CD then you have to choose the Securom 5/7 profile at the first page and the DPM reading speed needs to be slow).
                        What if I don't have an option Securom 5/7 but three other options:
                        "Securom",
                        "Securom *New"
                        "Securom *New (4.x/5.x)"?

Which option should I use if I am making an image from CD?
                        How much KB/s is slow speed? There is no option to choose either fast or slow, only a list.

Comment

Use "Securom *New (4.x/5.x)"
                          I think slow means something from 1x to 6x. Just try it out.

Comment

Suggestions The Guild 2, Need help with SPTD file

Hey guys,

follow these and u'll play The Guild 2!
                            NOTE:
                            U can play but using DAEMON TOOLS 4... or ALCOHOL 120% last versions u'll have system freeze after u reboot your pc once. I'll tell u after the solution to play the game.

1)install the game using DAEMON TOOLS 4.06 version (it ask u if u want to go on because a kernell debugger issue will be on next reboot)
                            2)mount the patches: from 1.0 to 1.15 and then 1.16 (it's a simple .exe not a real update)
                            3)mount the .exe file on Securom V.7

and....play? NO! U MUST DISCONNECT YOUR DVD/CD BURNER/READER!
                            Done?
                            now follow 3) again and u'll play it

Now the bad news:
                            after i reboot my pc was freezed after 10 seconds, no action was feasible.

After that i replaced my windows by cd.
                            Now, the problem is:
                            1)i had to eliminate manually severals files (SPDT has been installed by daemon tools and it gives a conflict with KERNEL DEBUGGER) in the registry editor because i couldn't use DAEMON TOOLS or ALCOHOL (both install that damned SPDT).
                            2)Anyone has a suggestion how to install DAEMON OR ALCOHOL without having a KERNEL DEBUGGER conflict and then play The GUILD 2?

THANKS TO THE MAN WHO CAN HELP IN THIS INCREDIBLE ISSUE

Originally Posted by Daedalus14
                            Created an image and tried to run the game,
                            First i got an error saying "a required security module cant be activated" the (6000) securom error. Work my way around that. Had some more securom issues, but work around all of those using these boards (thanks for that).

Now i get a message saying:
                            "please insert the original CD/DVD"
                            What am i doing wrong?

Edit: When i run the game with the .exe in win2000 compatibility mode i get the insert original cd error, but when not in any comp. mode i get the 6000 securom error.

I use DT v4 and tried seculoader 1.2, sr7hide, and securom loader 7.26, but none worked.

Please help.

Comment

Working...
                            X