Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about missing drives (this time a correct solution pls!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about missing drives (this time a correct solution pls!)

hi,

a few days ago I had daemon 3.47, plus virtual cd hide program to get CIV 4 working. the game perfectly opened up, brilliant game. I played without a problem. but after that the cd dvd rw is misssing. it wont even eject.
    first, i did not bother. after 3-4 days the drive came back itself! weird. i said OK. and I started playing again.
    now the cd is gone again, it wont show up in the explorer menu. what the hell am I gonna do ?
    the reg edit solution DOES NOT work. and the problem isnt about the driver, I suppose? hey, somebody from daemon gotta help us on this. its a frequent problem , its a shame.

It is a shame, but it is NOT caused by Daemon Tools.
    If the drive couldn't eject, it rather seems to be a prob with the drive itself, a protection, or the drives power. Check cables 'n stuff.
    Btw which registry edit solution did you try? The thread and the MS knowledge base article mention different possibilities.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

my driver did not have any problems at all before this. about cables i did not even see them. mine is a laptop and there is no way im gonna open up.
      about reg edit, i used windows xp regedit. i deleted lower filter thing. it still is the same, i put it back.
      how is it that you say daemon isnt the cause of this? is it virtual cd hide program?

the regedit, neither the new driver installation does not help. besides, in the device manager, i see my cd driver as: Generic DVD rom drive. the drivers name changed. the computer will not recognize

plus, now a USB driver has a question mark near it.
      what am I supposed to do now? i can not even format the computer. daemon gotta help me on this because this cd problem is after the installation of daemon 3.47!!

Comment

Daemon Tools is not a virtual cd hide program, it is a virtual cd/dvd program. The Generic DVD-ROM you see in device manager is actually Daemon Tools virtual device.
        Why do you use v3.47 with XP anyway? Un-install v3.47, try v4.06.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X