Will PC Gaming last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will PC Gaming last?

I always think about the future of PC gaming, I will always love computer games more than console games by far. I'm wondering if the PC gaming market will dwindle away as consoles become increasingly popular. Do you think this will happen, or will there always be a market for PC Games?

I think that there will always be enough market for PC games. Firstly there are some genres and types of games that can only be played conveniently by use of mouse and keyboard (e.g. RPGs, strategy, economy, simulation,... games). Secondly even the best consoles still don't deliver nearly as great graphics, effects and physics than PCs. Surely consoles will become increasingly common for the older people (not just kids/teenagers/young adults), but I think that they'll be more like an addition to standard PC gaming than a replacement. People will simply do both: play some games (e.g. racing,...) on the console and others on PC.

Comment

I sincerely hope so, I couldn't imagine playing RTS games with a controller.

Comment

The death of PC games has been decreed everytime a new console system arrives. And every time those who claimed it was dead were proven wrong by the video games industry. There's just too many PC gamers for them to ever leave the PC market alone. It's simply not going to happen. Trust me, PC games will be with us for a very long time to come.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
          The death of PC games has been decreed everytime a new console system arrives. And every time those who claimed it was dead were proven wrong by the video games industry. There's just too many PC gamers for them to ever leave the PC market alone. It's simply not going to happen. Trust me, PC games will be with us for a very long time to come.
          hit the nail on the head
          we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

PC games are more than just games.
            ever seen a console game delivered with editor and modding tools?
            take a look on oblivion, starcraft, warcraft, battlefield, counterstrike and the upcoming never winter nights 2.
            neverwinter offers powerfull tools and the possiblity to make your own maps, upload them and play them online as a hero or dungeon master. this opens a new dimension of gaming with endless content.

console games have this static feeling without proper multiplayer. they are very limited and dont offer the community nor possiblity to interact with real people.
            but they have some good games, mostly arcade or classic RPG or final fantasy. the best choice is to have both, pc+console

they just startet the mmorp wave, imagine how much income blizzard has with a single game - world of warcraft. a console devs can only dream of that
            Last edited by Black-; 01.10.2006, 23:35.

Comment

you guys are all correct, I don't get the same absorbed feeling that I get on the PC while playing a console game.

Comment

lets not forget SLI and monster GPUs
                we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

I can hardly forget while writing this on my alienware laptop, complete with "monster gpu" and SLI.

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
                    I can hardly forget while writing this on my alienware laptop, complete with "monster gpu" and SLI.
                    thats unfortunate, but for some of us on desktops, pc gaming is pretty swell

Comment

Originally Posted by rjcali
                      thats unfortunate, but for some of us on desktops, pc gaming is pretty swell

I built a pretty sweet desktop setup too, I just happen to like the idea of gaming on the go.

Comment

im waiting to buy a laptop with sufficenr gfx power, until then good old nvidia 7900(s)

Comment

Who need laptop ?
                          Unless it's really powerfull and you have a dockstation with a huge monitor attached

Comment

it's a 17 inch laptop with dual geforce 7900, 2 gigs of ram, you get the idea ;o)

Comment

Won't ever use a laptop to play... they are just working thingies (at least mine )
                              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                              X