Problem with GTA: San Andreas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with GTA: San Andreas

Hi all, I just bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas today, and am having a couple of problems, one being I cannot create a proper working image.

My first problem was, is with daemon-tools 4.06 installed, no matter if I disable the virtual drive, or run it from the original DVD, GTA San Andreas fails to start, and return an error: "A Required Security Module could not be activated".

I managed to luckily fix that temporarily by Setting the GTA San Andreas exe Compatability mode to Windows 98, and was able to start the game from the original DVD. Why is this?

Problem 2:

I Installed the 30 Day Trial Version of Alcohol 120%, And tried to create an Image off of my Original DVD, However I cannot Extract the DPM Info. When I try to extract the DPM, it say's, "DPM Extraction Failed, Cannot Get DPM Info from disk with Current Device"

If I can't extract the DPM Info, how am I supposed to make a working backup, so I don't damage the original.

It is the DVD Version of GTA San Andreas, Version 2. It is the newer version, that had the hot cofee mod or scene removed after the outcry.

I am running Daemon-Tools 4.06 on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1.

System Specs are: 2.66 ghz Intel Celeron D 330 Processor, 1024 Meg's of DDR Ram, Sony Dual Layer DVD-RW Drive DRU-810A.

I believe thats all I need to list in terms of specs. I would Appreciate it if someone can help me solve my problem, Thank You
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Hey,

Okays the problem with the DPM is to do with your DVD drive. Some DVD drives just cannot get the DPM but they can still run the game. No idea why, just the way it is. I was having the exact same problems as you are when I backed up my first SecuRom Game. If you have other computers in the house try their DVD drives. I have ended up using the DVD drive in a Dell Laptop since my desktops LG drive just wasn't doing it.

With regards to the "Failed security Mod" that would have been because you installed from an image without a good DPM. Just uninstall and reinstall from either a good image with working DPM or use the original disc.

Reply back sometime and let us know how you went,

Agro =)

Comment

Do you have any filter drivers installed, such as come with AnyDVD or the like? Do you have any Starforce protected games on your PC? Any of those can interfere with Alcohol's ability to retrieve DPM info from a disc. Of course, it's entirely possible your drive is simply unable to copy it, but more than likely it's a software conflict.

Comment

What are filter drivers?

I don't believe I have any Starforce Protected games on my PC. I checked all of them, and they are either protected by Safedisc, or Securom. The other Newest game I have installed is Sonic Heroes, and I don't believe that is protected by Starforce.

Originally Posted by Agro
        With regards to the "Failed security Mod" that would have been because you installed from an image without a good DPM. Just uninstall and reinstall from either a good image with working DPM or use the original disc.
        No that wasn't the problem, as I installed and tried running off of the original DVD. It failed to start and returned that error, even when it was installed and ran off of the Original DVD.

I Did fix that temporarily by right clicking the GTA SA exe, going to properties, and setting the compatability mode to Windows 98, and then I was able to start it off of the Original DVD.

Comment

What kind of Anti-Blacklisting tools did you EVER use (antiblaxx,sr7stop,...)?
          To check if you have SF drivers installed goto device manager.
          Enable to show hidden devices. Switch to Not-PNP-drivers and serach for STraforce. If you find sth. then uninstall it, if not then SF isn't installed.
          I also have problems to create a DPM of DVD's. Sometimes I use BW to read the topology (b5t/BWA). That informations can be injected in an Alcohol image, which has no dpm infos in it yet, by using Quick Mount. You can also check copybase.ch (german) for dpm mds files.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I just checked, and starforce is not present on my system.

copybase.ch doesn't seem to be working, I went to that site, to try to find the DPM .mds file, and one link, links to thier forum, the other to a hosting provider. I can't understand a word on the forums or that website, as I speak only english.

They don't appear to have any .mds dpm info files at all.

Is there an english website, that has a database of dpm .mds files? I just need the one for GTA San Andreas, So I can make the Image with Alcohol, and run it without the DVD, and store the original in safekeeping.

Thanks if anyone can help me

Comment

Yeah, copybase is down atm.
              I dont know any english dpm database.
              But one thing you can try is to d-load a mini image from gamecopyworld and replace that mds file with yours, that one should have dpm infos.

Comment

Would Anyone else know of any other preferably english databases or websites that have .mds DPM info files for GTA San Andreas (USA) Second Edition?

Thanks if anyone can let me know, or if anyone can send me thier .mds DPM info file for San Andreas, in a PM or Attachment

Comment

Sorry for the Double Post, but Success!

I was able to finally create a working image of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Second Edition with Blindwrite (Not Alcohol 120%)

I had to Update my Sony DVD-RW DRU-810A firmware to 1.0d, where as it was 1.0a before, and I was finally able to create a working image.

However Alcohol 120% Still returns that error, "Cannot get DPM info from disc with current Device". Blindwrite extracted the image quite quickly, and the topology extraction was supa dupa fast, only took 1 minute, 22 Seconds.

Btw, Does anyone know where I can find Mods, and a Trainer, that are Compatable with the Second Edition (Non-Hot-Coffee Version) Of GTA: San Andreas?

I really want to add mods to it, and would like to have easy access to cheats by pressing a hotkey, without typing the code in each time. Thanks if anyone can let me know

Comment

Hey muffinhead,
                    nice to hear that you got it working...
                    If you want to get a working Alcohol image than do this:
                    -read an image with Alcohol WITHOUT DPM
                    -download QuickMount (->downlaod section->3rd party for 3.x)
                    -start QuickMount, double click on the tray icon
                    -Goto Tools->Inject DPM...
                    -as source bwa choose the b5t/bwa file of ypur working BW image
                    -as destination mds choose the mds fileof the image you created wihtout dpm
                    -then press OK, after that the image without DPM now has the DPM infos frome BW image and now that mds image should work fine

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                      -download QuickMount (->downlaod section->3rd party for 3.x)
                      I'm Using Daemon-Tools 4.06, as my issues with SPTD have been resolved in this version. Does this matter whether or not I have V 3.x of D-Tools, or do I need to have D-Tools v 3.x installed?

I'm Currently in the process of downloading a Downgrader Patch for the Second version of GTA: San Andreas, Since today, when I found out the Second Edition is Unmoddable, and no trainers exist for it. So you can disregard my question in the last post

Comment

no, you don't need to install DT v.3.x. Just leave DT 4.06 installed, its only listed in 3.x 3rd party add-ons, because the program was released before DT 4 was released.
                        Its a 'stand-alone program'.
                        Its only a solution to get a working Alcohol image with DPM of your dvds, when you cant read the DPM with Alcohol itself.
                        With that method you can inject the DPM info from the BlindWrite image into an Alcohl image, but you can also stay with your BlindWrite image.
                        And i hope you get the mods working on your GTA.:wink:

Comment

Quickmount

Hi!

I see Quickmount is still used. That's fine for me to see as I wrote it. Maybe I'll change it a bit to make it more convenient to use.

Any ideas???
                          Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Oh Cool, you wrote it...
                            So, it also has an antiblacklisting feature, but i never used it. I only use Quickmount's DPM Injecting feature...

Comment

I guess the anti-black features are a bit outdated anyway. So I could make a standalone app for injection, maybe?
                              Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Working...
                              X