• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't mount PDI-files with 3.41

Operating System: w2k sp3
    Burning Software: nero 5.5
    Anti-virus Software: none active
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

i've got a pdi-set of a dvd that can't be mounted by dt 3.41. i've read somewhere that pdi-files are new in this version, but i only get the message 'unable to mount. invalid image file'. the file is of course correct and can be unpacked by e.g. pditools.

might it be a problem that it is not one file but 4 files with 1gb each, named .pdi,.pdi01...pdi03?

Some PDI files are unfortunatly broken - they have wrong size and do not follow PDI specification. We cannot do anything with it. We reported this problem to authors - no reply since months. Seems they are not interested in it much.

Comment

hm, since pdixtract can extract and/or convert them without problems and is open source you might want to take a look at it, maybe you can find a way to bypass the actual problems in one of the next versions of daemon-tools:

"Source code included, compiles under linux with gcc and under windows with OpenWatcom compiler."

PDIxtract: Extract files from .pdi file sets One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Comment

We don't need any sources - we have direct specification from authors of PDI. They violate their own specs. We don't care how these extractors work - maybe they ignore some errors. But in virtual drive we can't do same way - we follow each byte. Their dumper is simply buggy and creates wrong header in PDI sometimes.

Comment

Operating System: XP
          Burning Software: Alclohol.dvddecrypter.nero
          Anti-virus Software: avg
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

back to my method for time being then?

make an mds file with dvddecrypter and mount with alcohol.

it also seems that even pinnacles own virtual drive system "instantdrive" won't even mount the pdi's it was designed for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it also seems that even pinnacles own virtual drive system "instantdrive" won't even mount the pdi's it was designed for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Unsurprisingly :mrgreen: 'cause they'll have to go 100% correct way with virtual drive, too - so no way with buggy image.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

heres my guide again peeps

Comment

Working...
              X